so over rated!!!

it's begun already after one start back.

the Michael Vick over hyping has started again!

the Sub bar headline talks about "who showed up for NFL Showdown Sunday" and says "Michael Vick did in an overtime win"

his Offense put up 14 points and never saw the field in overtime. yet his name is in headlines for the win!!!

dude is so so overrated it's not even funny

He is a great runner, and an exceptional athlete. When he becomes a good passer, he will be amazing...

He is never going to be a "GREAT" Quarterback!

he will never be an accurate passer. He has a gun and instincts but if by this time has not gotten the accuracy part down he will never.

He is the best athlete in the game - at any position.

not even close to best athlete there are quite a few DB's that are stronger faster and more agile than Vick!

he is probably the best athlete at QB but a few are close!!!

he is easily the most over rater over hyped player in any sport at any position though!

He put up 300+ yards of total offence on Sunday. I wouldn't exactly call that "over rated" but just my opinion.

14 points from the offense and his name is in the headlines on espn is over Hype!!!

300+ yards on how many touches?

a QB putting up 300+ Total yards when he touches the ball every play isn't as exciting to me as a RB who puts up 100+ rushing and 30-50 recieving on say 20-25 touches.

or a receiver/returnman who puts up 100+receiving and 50-75 return on 10-15 touches.

"not even close to best athlete there are quite a few DB's that are stronger faster and more agile than Vick!"

If you could put down your family-sized pitcher of Haterade long enough to name one or two, I'd love to hear who they may be.

Vick is probably the best pure athlete on the planet.

first game back he easily puts up over 300 yards and he's still playing hurt.

What did you say about Brett Farve his rookie year? What did you think of John Elway's accuracy his first couple of years? Michael Vick is way ahead of them at 23. Way ahead. Way more talented.

Vick runs a 4.2 forty.

He jukes entire teams out of their shoes and is the best athlete in the NFL, period.

if you honestly believe that Vick runs a 4.2 40 there is nothing i can do for you.

Rod Woodson - for a long time one of if not the fastest runner in the NFL and a world class hurdler barely breaks into the high 4.2's.

and if you honestly don't believe that most DB's are both faster and stronger(bench press or at least compariably as strong) than you have just bought into the hype.

I honestly think Vick is a greatathlete don't get me wrong. I do not think he is the best athlete, or even anything approaching a great QB!

He will never ever ever be comparable as a QB to Elway, Marino, Montana, favre or the other greats from long ago.

At best you could say he is a better runner than Steve Young, but no where near as good when the ball has to go in the air!

kempo - You and I usually agree, but here we do not. I don't think Vick is a complete player by any means, but saying he is "probably" the best QB athlete is insane. It isn't even close. McNabb, McNair, McElway, whoever - he is the best athlete to ever play QB undoubtedly.

Watch him throw - his spiral is tight and he has a gun. In the future he will get more accurate and rely less on his legs and more on his arm.

Now, as for being the best athlete in the NFL - I stand by my statement. In his first game back he ran for 140 & threw for 170 (or so?) and his 2 win team beat a pretty good Carolina defense. And his receivers aren't the best.

An athlete can't necessarily be judged by his 40 time or bench. All I know is Vick in the open field against any other player in the NFL is a losing situation for that defense - and I don't care if it's Arrington, Bailey, Urlacher, or Lewis.

I'm not a Vick jock rider or a Falcons fan - I just like watching him play. And as an unbiased sports fan, he is awesome.

Vick is an exciting player to watch, and I think he has a lot of potential, but I don't agree that he is the best QB in the NFL today (or ever), and I don't think he will ever be considered one of the elite.

He is certainly an elite "athlete", but being an elite athlete does not necessarily translate into being the best QB. Look at Antwan Randel-El (sp?). He, too, is an AMAZING athlete, but isn't even able to play QB (though it was his position in college). He is not a receiver and special teams player.

Vick has a lot of potential. I think he can be one of the better QB's in the league, but I don't think he will ever be considered the best.

If he is ever considered "The Best" at anything, it will be something along the lines of:

MOST EXCITING PLAYER TO WATCH

Khun - I don't think anyone said he is the best QB. I said he is the best athlete to play QB ever.

The rest of your statement is quite correct, but Vick was a way better QB than Randle El in college. C'mon.

Let's look at recent #1 draft picks - would you rather have Carr, Couch, Palmer or Vick on your team?

I'll take Vick.

carr and palmer...maybe couch if you had players around. of course i love a prostyle offense bassed on a qb not throwing INT's and haveing a completion percentage around or above 60%. vick is not ever going to be the "QB" people hope he can be.

you dumbasses keep comparing him to guys who have played 10-15 fuckin years.

Madden himself said Vick was the fastest guy in the NFL and he runs a 4.2 . There are kick returners that run 4.1's

I don't care how strong he is what does that matter? The guy takes over games, that is a badass athlete no matter how high you jump, far you skip, weight you bench, etc. Maybe thats your idea of an athlete.

"LOL @ saying Vick is a more talented QB than Favre or Elway. In my world, you'd be strung up for that shit.
Better athlete? Sure. Better QB? No fuckin' way."

He is more talented, in 1983 you'd be "strung up" for saying shit like Elway's the best ever etc, even 1984, Elway and Farve and every QB sucks for at least one year! Vick solely took over games and Falcons to playoffs his first year as a starter, 99.9% of the reason they were there was because of Vick. this is Mike's 3rd season but first year didn't start, this year got hurt, it's basically his second year!

I think mcnair & manning are #1 right now, wait a couple years & Vick will easily be #1.

kempo - Damn, man.

First year as a starter stats:

Vick - 231/421, 54.5%, 2936 yds, 16 TD, 8 INT, 81.6 RAT, 113 Rushes, 776 yds, 8 TD's.

Carr - 233/444, 52.5%, 2592 yds, 9 TD, 15 INT, 62.8 RAT, 59 Rushes, 282 yds, 3 TD's.

Couch - 223/399, 55.9%, 2447 yds, 15 TD, 13 INT, 73.2 RAT, 40 Rushes, 267 yds, 1 TD.

Palmer is yet to take a snap.

Just for the hell of it -

Manning - 326/575, 56.7%, 3739 yds, 26 TD, 28 INT, 71.2 RAT, 15 Rushes, 62 yds, 0 TD

Now let's review the facts. Vick had a higher passer rating (81.6) than all these others. His TD-INT rate is much better. His completion % is in the middle. His yards passing & passing TD's are second only to Manning. He ran for 500 more yards than any others and 5 more TD's than anyone else on this list.

What were you saying?

MAdden said...if madden said he is the fastest player in the NFL MAdden is a bigger idiot than i already know him to be!!!!!! Madden talks out his arse and if you dont know that already than you have no business discussing how good Vick is or isn't!

you also can't compare Vick coming into a team that had already established itself as a decent...not great but decent team! and CArr going to an expansion team and the same with couch!

nor can you compare him to Manning because Manning was constantly asked to score 45 points a game no matter what , where as Vick is asked not to lose a game!

not to mention the running games all those teams had/have!
and Vick was given time to learn the teams offense and play behind a very good QB in chandler.

now here is the real question.

who would you rather have QBing your team in this situation...

"you are in the superbowl, 3:00 minutes left on the clock you are behind by 4 no time outs. you have one good WR. a good RB and an okay oline and a decent te.
who do you want

1. farve 2 years ago

2. manning now

3. vick in a year

4. carr in two years

5. palmer in 3 years

if vick is in your top pick or for that matter your top two pics you are crazy and i dont mean crazyzimmerman either

"MAdden said...if madden said he is the fastest player in the NFL MAdden is a bigger idiot than i already know him to be!!!!!! Madden talks out his arse and if you dont know that already than you have no business discussing how good Vick is or isn't!"

This is the most correct statement on this thread. Not only that, but macdawg, there is nobody in the NFL running a 4.2 40. Put down your Madden 2004 and pay attention.

kempo - I knew that rebut was coming. The Falcons were 4-12 the year before they drafted Vick. The bottom line is that Vick put up those #'s against other NFL teams. That's it.

And to answer your question - I'll take Elway.

"you are in the superbowl, 3:00 minutes left on the clock you are behind by 4 no time outs. you have one good WR. a good RB and an okay oline and a decent te. who do you want"

None of the above. Correct answer is Tom Brady now.
Except Brady doesn't have the good RB, good WR (Brown is injured), or decent TE.

I would add that this scenario is stacked against Vick. With no timeouts and timepressure, Vick's running isn't as important.

Are you kidding? In 3 minutes Vick could run the length of the field 17 times (@ 4.2 seconds/40 yards)!

"I would add that this scenario is stacked against Vick. With no timeouts and timepressure, Vick's running isn't as important."

I think Vick's running helps him in this situation. The defense can't just drop 8 guys and expect to contain Vick from running for good yardage and out of bounds.