So PS4 is the better bet?

I've been a lifelong Xbox-er and made a hefty penny off it at one point in time, but it seems microsofts day in the sun has passed and Sony is the new gaming giant. At least that's what I'm hearing nonstop? I'm so attached to Xbox though its hard to give up entirely. Am I really that much better off with a PS4? :( Phone Post 3.0

You should get which ever console is best for you. If you like Xbox get an Xbox. For me I'm not interested in any exclusive titles that Xbox has and I won't use the kinect or most of the features that Xbox is offering. I just want to play games, and the PS4 will be cheaper and more powerful. Pretty easy decision for me.

Sometimes the app fucks up.

I'm pretty bummed myself but I'm holding judgment cause they need to respond to the awful showing @ E3 .. I imagine some changes coming soon Phone Post 3.0

I have a 360, but I'm going with the PS4, seems the stronger gaming system, I swap and buy used games all the time, and as an Australian the ability to by games from overseas at a cheaper rate is all good in my books. I will miss forza but will find something just as enjoyable and other games I play/looking forward to are on both consoles. Phone Post 3.0

$100 cheaper, doesn't have to be always online, significantly more powerful, Naughty Dog.

I can't think of any reason to get an Xbox unless you absolutely have to play the next Halo. I'll miss it but that's not enough reason for me.

Destiny may take the place of Halo imo. Phone Post 3.0

TuLegit -
orcus -

$100 cheaper, doesn't have to be always online, significantly more powerful, Naughty Dog.

I can't think of any reason to get an Xbox unless you absolutely have to play the next Halo. I'll miss it but that's not enough reason for me.

Halo is THE game I played/made a living off of lol. Sounds lame but it wasn't in its heyday. Anyways I don't think the new halo will be all that great anyways, Ill likely end up with a ps4 it just feels wrong... Haha Phone Post 3.0
The way halo has been heading i doubt the next one will be on a competitive level, im hoping they pick up a new title completely for consoles.. But will they go with xbox or ps4 for console tourneys. (Or drop it completely) Since your a competitive gamer (and i know who you are from playing halo myself) id go where the competitive scene is going ( if your still planning on competing that is) Phone Post 3.0

Getting a PS4, no way in hell I'm settling for that 24 hour check in crap. People need to make it clear that they aren't going to tolerate such nonsense.

A buddy of mine also thinks destiny has a real chance at being that next big thing in mlg.. I believe its also coming out for the 360 so well see. Im just hoping for no more halo or cod, halo community is dead. And cod... Well its cod Phone Post 3.0

Seeing as how the ps3 software was absolutely horrendous and glitchy, and the xbox live software is great, ill be staying with xbox. Easy decision for me. Phone Post 3.0

I'm in the same spot. I loved everything XBox but I just can't justify the $100 more for that Orwellian Kinect. I have no interest in it, don't want it, and have my concerns about the data it will be collecting. MS can forget me paying $100 more with these issues and for what? All those "features" they're trying to sell are not features to me and I will not use them.

The problem MS is having is they think because the 360 did so well with all of that shit, that the new one will also. Well, times have changed... While they tried to milk their last cent out of the 360, people moved away from it for TV items such as a Roku box and Hulu and online TV. That void has been filled and the XBox One is late to the show and costs too damn much and comes with inherent risk when you have an "all-in-one" device that costs that much. No thanks, give me a gaming console, a Roku box and my internet all separate for cheaper. Thanks.

PS4 for me. I was a Halo fan but honestly, that story is done. They're using the franchise now to simply get into your pocket. It was great, no question. But let it die. There are great new games on the horizon such as Destiny and I'm excited to see what they have to offer.