So Shogun also turned down the fight for 9/22/12

drunkard - 
drunkard - 
bubski27 - 

Shoguns last two fights were all out wars. Shogun doesn't have to do a damn thing Phone Post

yes, and shame on Shogun for being in an all out war with Brandon Vera . The guy is not even on the radar when it comes to LHW rankings.

he turned down Texiera to set up the easy layup(Vera) and it back- fired on him.

A win over Vera is much better than a win over Glover. Vera is at least an established fighter, if he beat Glover he would literally get no credit because people would just say Glover hasn't beat anybody anyway.

Shogun and his camp are actually very smart because they turned down a no-name to headline a Fox card. Shogun is 10 times the fighter that Glover could ever hope to be.

godammit lorenzo

epic hero - 
drunkard - 
drunkard - 
bubski27 - 

Shoguns last two fights were all out wars. Shogun doesn't have to do a damn thing Phone Post

yes, and shame on Shogun for being in an all out war with Brandon Vera . The guy is not even on the radar when it comes to LHW rankings.

he turned down Texiera to set up the easy layup(Vera) and it back- fired on him.

A win over Vera is much better than a win over Glover. Vera is at least an established fighter, if he beat Glover he would literally get no credit because people would just say Glover hasn't beat anybody anyway.

Shogun and his camp are actually very smart because they turned down a no-name to headline a Fox card. Shogun is 10 times the fighter that Glover could ever hope to be.

obviously not fuck face seeing as how Machida is getting the title shot and not Sho-fag

drunkard - 
epic hero - 
drunkard - 
drunkard - 
bubski27 - 

obviously not fuck face seeing as how Machida is getting the title shot and not Sho-fag

Machida lost his spot in the rotation when he turned down the short notice fight against Jones. More proof that the UFC is run like the WWE instead of a legit sporting league. 

"Shogun is the eiptome of an old school fighter, he fought multiple times a night in tournaments, fought on extremely short notice many times, even defended the belt agaisnt Jones on somewhat short ntoice when rashad got injured."

According to the anti-Jones crowd that shouldn't considered a short notice fight because Shogun was training for Rashad for a couple of months before Jones was subbed in.

drunkard - 
epic hero - 
drunkard - 
drunkard - 
bubski27 - 

Why the hate towards Shogun, what did he do to make you butthurt. You have this irrational hate towards the man, I'm curious to where it stems from.

So Shogun would have gotten the title shot from beating Glover? You're fucking stupid.

Phisher - "Shogun is the eiptome of an old school fighter, he fought multiple times a night in tournaments, fought on extremely short notice many times, even defended the belt agaisnt Jones on somewhat short ntoice when rashad got injured."

According to the anti-Jones crowd that shouldn't considered a short notice fight because Shogun was training for Rashad for a couple of months before Jones was subbed in.

Shogun wanted more time but they still took the fight. And people need to stop comparing apples with oranges.

Sal Penis - 

Wow. "Sho-fag"? What are you 16?

That's against the rules bro. Mods please enlist a banning to drunkard. Phone Post

Ya he was probably laughing while he wrote that too. Kids a fucking weirdo.

epic hero - A win over Vera is much better than a win over Glover. Vera is at least an established fighter, if he beat Glover he would literally get no credit because people would just say Glover hasn't beat anybody anyway.

Indeed. The ONLY reason Glover is so hyped right now is because Shogun refused to fight him. That suddenly make Glover pretty well known and hyped. Prior to that he was virtually unknown.

If Shogun could have chosen the hypetrain version of Glover (which didn't exist yet) he might has picked that fight instead. Because then there would have been some upside to beating Glover. As it is, at the time beating Glover would have meant absolutely nothing. People would have just said he was an overhyped can.

Vera for sure was a more meaningful fight to take, at the time. It was Shogun declining Glover that has led to this Glover hypetrain, combined with Glover being Chuck's boy.
drunkard - obviously not fuck face seeing as how Machida is getting the title shot and not Sho-fag

Is there any way to report posts around here?

You better edit that friend, or you're almost certainly getting axed.

epic hero - 
Phisher - "Shogun is the eiptome of an old school fighter, he fought multiple times a night in tournaments, fought on extremely short notice many times, even defended the belt agaisnt Jones on somewhat short ntoice when rashad got injured."

Shogun wanted more time but they still took the fight. And people need to stop comparing apples with oranges.

Why would he need more time? He was already training for two months then had another six weeks to prepare for Jones. If he was in camp, that's all that matters, right? The opponent is irrelevant, right?

The opponent is relevant, but Jones would have had so many advantages going into the fight, it shouldn't have been an issue. Unless Jones can't defend takedowns I don't see why they wouldn't be confident about the fight.

double

Shitting on Shogun shows a hilarious pack of self awareness by anyone...... Seriously who the fuck do these people think they are??? LMFAO!!!

What the fuck has Lorenzo ever accomplished in MMA? Phone Post

epic hero - 
drunkard - 
epic hero - 
drunkard - 
drunkard - 
bubski27 - 

Why the hate towards Shogun, what did he do to make you butthurt. You have this irrational hate towards the man, I'm curious to where it stems from.

So Shogun would have gotten the title shot from beating Glover? You're fucking stupid.

epic hero - So Shogun would have gotten the title shot from beating Glover? You're fucking stupid.

That was the stipulation made by Dana before the fight . Whoever wins in the more impressive way gets the title shot. Do you not know that? Shogun hand picked Vera as a guy because he knew Vera would trade with him and he was planning for an easy " highlight reel" KO . Unfortunately ,like you and several others(Salmonella Penis for one) on this forum, he greatly over - estimated his abilities.

Shogun got hit pretty hard vs Vera and to put him a card right after is pretty unfair imo

After the beating Shogun took in their first fight, I don't blame him for turning down a short notice rematch.

He's got one more shot at Bones and Shogun has a lot of miles on his body. You don't want to mess that opportunity at redemption up and risk the same outcome as their first fight. Phone Post

And I know Lorenzo was in a bind but to insinuate Shogun isn't a real old school guy isn't fair, imo.

If Lorenzo had gotten burned on a multi-million dollar business deal and then was put in a situation to make a similar deal on short notice, of course it would be wise to step away. It wouldn't mean Lorenzo isn't a great business guy, it would be understandable.

So I understand where Shogun is coming from on this one. Phone Post

Saltyballs - 

And I know Lorenzo was in a bind but to insinuate Shogun isn't a real old school guy isn't fair, imo.

If Lorenzo had gotten burned on a multi-million dollar business deal and then was put in a situation to make a similar deal on short notice, of course it would be wise to step away. It wouldn't mean Lorenzo isn't a great business guy, it would be understandable.

Lorenzo IS losing a lot of money because of Shogun not stepping up to fight.

Honestly, I think it was a smart decision by Shogun although I sincerely doubt that he'd beat Jon even with a proper camp and gameplan. If anything, he wouldn't be beat as bad as he would before in my honest opinion.

Saltyballs - 

" to insinuate Shogun isn't a real old school guy isn't fair, imo."....

it's fucking laughable really. I mean if shogun isn't old school then the club must consist of about 3 people, making all other fighters in MMA history massive pussies.....and one of the 3 is for damn sure not Lorenzo so where he gets off talking shit on Shoguns rep is beyond me. This is immediately following Dana bagging on him not taking the other fight. Frankly I think people need to get some fucking respect.

Lorenzo and Dana sound like Republicans campaigning.