So Sonnen cannot get into canada?

Is this due to felony money laundering, or and excuse be aide they couldnt get him an exemption for his steroids?

Discuss. Phone Post

an* excuse because* Phone Post

I met him in Canada before his first Silva fight so either he is allowed in, he wasn't convicted at that time (can't remember when that all happened), or I met a Chael impersonator.

the geek - I met him in Canada before his first Silva fight so either he is allowed in, he wasn't convicted at that time (can't remember when that all happened), or I met a Chael impersonator.

Did he sound Spanish? Phone Post

He plead guilty January of 2011 so 100% after the first Silva fight. (Thanks Google)

Damn felons... Phone Post

the geek - I met him in Canada before his first Silva fight so either he is allowed in, he wasn't convicted at that time (can't remember when that all happened), or I met a Chael impersonator.

He didn't plead until January 2011.

If he's having problems entering I totally agree it is likely the felony. Just because he didn't do time doesn't mean it doesn't look just as bad on his record.

Canada doesn't like gangsters, esp American Gangsters.

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
the geek - I met him in Canada before his first Silva fight so either he is allowed in, he wasn't convicted at that time (can't remember when that all happened), or I met a Chael impersonator.

Did he sound Spanish? Phone Post

Now that you mention it he did, and I vaguely remember him introducing himself as superChaelundo... hmmm...

How odes it work for other pro sports athletes, if an NBA player had a prior felony from years ago that he didnt do time for would he be allowed to play in Toronto?

So the Portland Jailblazers never played the Raptors in Toronto?

I don't understand the big issue with allowing work visas to high level professional athletes. Some of you guys are a lot smarter than me tho can anybody explain?

big_roy_fan - good.

we don't want him.

Figures you're Canadian.

wow darn canucks killed this great fight.

MartialArtsMixed - wow darn canucks killed this great fight.
You mean the Jets. Canucks are of the Vancouver breed. Phone Post 3.0

newjack900 - I don't understand the big issue with allowing work visas to high level professional athletes. Some of you guys are a lot smarter than me tho can anybody explain?

the fact that he plead guilty to fraud in the amount of 70 grand a couple of years ago should come into play IMO

big_roy_fan - if criminal records block people from getting into canada... how did nick diaz headline ufc 158?

stfu troll

big_roy_fan - if criminal records block people from getting into canada... how did nick diaz headline ufc 158?

What do you know about Nick's criminal record, I havent heard anything about him in trouble with the law.

You waste alot of peoples time on here.

big_roy_fan - it was just a joke..

lighten up, francis

You're the joke, seriously.

the geek -
MartialArtsMixed - wow darn canucks killed this great fight.
You mean the Jets. Canucks are of the Vancouver breed. Phone Post 3.0
Lol
VU Phone Post 3.0

Don't they have enough time to get him a visa?

Bernard Hopkins got into Canada over a dozen times for his two fights with Jean Pascal and all of the accompanying media events, and Hopkins has nine felonies on his record.