So Sonnen cannot get into canada?

He would have to go to the Canadian embassy to get one. They will grant a visa unless you are Hannibal lector. You just have to go through due process. Phone Post 3.0

DUI, assault, domestic abuse, all sorts of things will bar you from Canada, eh.

Funny story, we live close to Canada so drove up to the Canadian rockies for a family vacation. The border agents pulled me inside for an hour of interrogations whilst wife and our 2 young children sat. They didn't like my record, back in the '90s I had a kegger at my house get busted, we were all underage and they slapped me with 26 counts of "endangering the welfare of youth". Makes me look like a pederass, LOL. After much explaining they laughed about it and let me go. Wife was not impressed with my performance.

he can get what they used to call a Minister's Permit and gain entry that way. Has to be special circumstances but Im guessing the UFC lawyers have reach..

TheOne -
big_roy_fan - good.

we don't want him.

Figures you're Canadian.

Hahahahaha Phone Post 3.0

8flat - DUI, assault, domestic abuse, all sorts of things will bar you from Canada, eh.

Funny story, we live close to Canada so drove up to the Canadian rockies for a family vacation. The border agents pulled me inside for an hour of interrogations whilst wife and our 2 young children sat. They didn't like my record, back in the '90s I had a kegger at my house get busted, we were all underage and they slapped me with 26 counts of "endangering the welfare of youth". Makes me look like a pederass, LOL. After much explaining they laughed about it and let me go. Wife was not impressed with my performance.

Haha thats pretty cool.

Hey can you baby sit for me?

Sure but I must tell you I have 26 counts of endangering a child. Phone Post

john_d1974 - lol @ fighters not getting visa's.

visa is to work. A convicted criminal cant even get access for entry. So that is the first hurdle. The work visa would be the second.

the geek - I met him in Canada before his first Silva fight so either he is allowed in, he wasn't convicted at that time (can't remember when that all happened), or I met a Chael impersonator.

You can apply for a permit, your trip needs to be for work though.

So no he can't get in for vacation. Phone Post

BigEyedFish -
john_d1974 - lol @ fighters not getting visa's.

visa is to work. A convicted criminal cant even get access for entry. So that is the first hurdle. The work visa would be the second.

Wrong Phone Post

huh? How so?

BigEyedFish - huh? How so?

I was a truck driver, I personally know truck drivers that are convicted felons who drive into Canada all the time.

I got bored and asked him how he got in, He explained it to me.

Its a paperwork process but as long as you're employment needs are legitimate they let you through. Phone Post

I see

well I was a Canadian Immigration Officer and we refused convicts coming through for work all the time.

You need a permit. Or gamble on the discretion of the Officer. They can let you in if they choose to but are perfectly within their rights not to - and most often they do not.

BigEyedFish - I see

well I was a Canadian Immigration Officer and we refused convicts coming through for work all the time.

You need a permit. Or gamble on the discretion of the Officer. They can let you in if they choose to but are perfectly within their rights not to - and most often they do not.

You basically just regurgitated everything I said, so Im trying to figure out if we're debating or agreeing.

Ive never seen them turn him away, we made at least eight drops together. If you have the permit they're not going to deny you access. Phone Post

UGCTT_Song2 - 
8flat - DUI, assault, domestic abuse, all sorts of things will bar you from Canada, eh.

Haha thats pretty cool.

Hey can you baby sit for me?

Sure but I must tell you I have 26 counts of endangering a child. Phone Post

LOL, fucker

So the sheriff hauled me in a few days after that party to read me the official charges:
"Uh, 26 counts of endangering the welfare of youth? I'm 18yrs old and they're 17yrs old! This lookss terrible! Will it come off my record like a speeding ticket"
"No"
"Wut? But...what if someday I want to run for office or something?"
- laughter from sheriff -
"Yeah, sure kid"

20yrs later I'm getting interrogated by the Canadians. LOL

BigEyedFish - I see

You guys are nazis...LOL.

I never understood the logic of banning people with a DUI, when Canadians themselves drink like fish? Great people though, I will admit that.

Yeah I agree, its a little extreme to ban on a DUI. Canada's immigration laws are screwy all around.

I like that we're picky.

Canada rocks

Don't believe everything the UFC P.R. team comes up with. There could have been a million reasons why this fight isn't happening in Winnipeg. Chael can get a visa to fight in Canada regardless of criminal past.

big_roy_fan - all i did was make a joke, no need to get all bent out of shape about it bro

You forgot Nick Diaz has never made a single mistake EVER so it's laughable that he might have a criminal record. Shame on you Big roy. What might be more laughable is the idea that his fans might have a sense of humour about it.

Sarsparilla Slim - 
the geek -
MartialArtsMixed - wow darn canucks killed this great fight.
You mean the Jets. Canucks are of the Vancouver breed. Phone Post 3.0
Lol
VU Phone Post 3.0

LOL is right, Canuck is a term to describe a Canadian in general