So that Diaz ending

Look- I’m not a fan of shitting on fighters. That’s not what I want this thread to be.

But Nick not continuing is very UN-Diaz.

He had his flashes to be sure, but that wasn’t the Nick I wanted to see in there. Will be interesting to see what both he and Dana have to say

4 Likes

Are you saying he pussed out?

We all thought his knee gave out but he didn’t say anything about that. Was he just beat up that much and had enough? I can’t fault him for that either because Bob landed some brutal body shots and Nick’s nose looked like a busted balloon.

All the signs were there. Diaz taking his first fight in 6 years, a weight class up and under strange circumstances. I would’ve been surprised if he did look like his old self. TBH, I thought he looked as good as could be expected.

13 Likes

coming back to five rounds is expecting a lot

2 Likes

It was like his um managing situation or whatever

2 Likes

Looked like he came out with everything he had left then quit. He saved himself from more damage for sure

1 Like

Next fight will be against Jake Paul. Easy win for Jake

Fighters generally peek at 30 years old Nick is 38 hasn’t fired for many years been drinking a bunch of course is not going to look as good but he gave it a pretty good effort for about 2 1/2 rounds and he knew he couldn’t win and quit it was still fun to watch

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to watch the fight but wished I could. From every thing I’ve read on the messageboard people say his brother wasn’t in his corner and neither was Jake Shields, Gilbert Melendez, Cesar Gracie, Kron Gracie, or anyone really except Joe Shilling. Like I said, I wasn’t able to watch so I’m not sure about that. Was that really the case? If so, where were those guys? Why would you let your teammate go out to his 5 year return fight with that little support. I also keep read comments over and over about the alcohol abuse. How do you guys know that’s the case? Anyway, I’ve always been a huge Nick Diaz fan and hit this for the guy. If he is having alcohol problems I can certainly relate because I’ve been there before and back in the same situation myself right now. Hopefully I can turn things around. If he’s having that problem as well I pray he turns it around as well.

3 Likes

Nate was with him in the locker room, but I don’t recall who all was in his corner.

He said he didn’t want to get the ring dirty because he was leaking, and I though that was refreshing

3 Likes

I was never a Nick fan. Always liked Nate more.

That said, I think he did just fine for a man of his age and condition. And as un-Diaz as it was, I don’t blame him for quitting.

He was scrappy like always, just not near as fast.

4 Likes

We were all watching together in utter disbelief that he looked somewhat like his old self. I have zero complaints. I expected him to vomit some bright green drink you get in a tall plastic bottle halfway through the entrance.

3 Likes

The weighins I could seem him nervous. Never seen that look on him.

1 Like

Probably because he was going through tequila jello shooter with a sidecar withdrawal, but he looked fine as a Hooters hamburger once he got warmed up

I thought he looked ok. He never was a power puncher, Robby always was.

Is it just me or did it appear they had a gentleman’s agreement to go at 50%? It looked like a sparring session, and not really a spirited one. Not saying it was rigged, but it is a possibility.

I didn’t get that at all. Robby wanted blood. Nick was trying to score as always.

1 Like