So the kid in Texas arrested over a clock...

So I admit I haven't been following this story that close until today but something seems fishy. First off this is the 'clock' the kid built...

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/150916134402-clock-ahmed-mohamed-texas-large-169.jpg

...It's not the 'clock' I've been seeing in relation to this story in the media. And more than that it doesn't even look like a clock. But beyond that you have to wonder, why build it in a briefcase? It just seems stereotypical and begging for trouble. And now the statement from police is that the reason he was arrested was because he couldn't explain to the cops what it was. I tend to believe the coos on this case because they could just as easily point to the schools zero tolerance policy and been done with it.

I dunno... I smell a get rich quick lawsuit coming. Phone Post 3.0

The 20 page thread on this topic is that way -> Phone Post 3.0

lol it wasn't in a briefcase, that is trick camerawork. You can hold it in your hand and is the size of a old school casette deck. But that photo is angled so that it looks big and menacing when in reality it isn't, anything to cover their asses.

LOL

He couldn't explain what it was? Despite having shown it to his engineering teacher earlier? I'm going to postulate that these ignorant, trashy-ass cops are trying to come up with excuses for how they arrested a Muslim geek in a NASA t-shirt.

Hunter V - lol it wasn't in a briefcase, that is trick camerawork. You can hold it in your hand and is the size of a old school casette deck. But that photo is angled so that it looks big and menacing when in reality it isn't, anything to cover their asses.
I do that with penis selfies. Phone Post 3.0

breaking news......women are allowed to vote now.

The issue of "he couldn't explain it" was the cops telling him to explain it, and him saying "it's a clock."

But what does it do?

It's a clock.

What is it timing?

It's a clock.

You're not telling us anything! WHAT IS IT?

It's a clock.

that shit didn't look like a clock. And there is nothing wrong with profiling Muslims. Their religion teaches to kill all the infidels.

How many kids did Obama invite to the White House after the many deaths of police officers we have had? Zero. Phone Post 3.0

Kid sounds like a professional victim in interviews.

FIGHTLORD - I don't blame the teacher.

If Ahmed akbar brought a clock looking like a fucking die hard with a vengeance bomb, I get him arrested asap.

Think of the kids. Phone Post 3.0

I think it's great that these kind of stories bring out the obvious racist people.

droplogic - 
leaot -

If Ahmed akbar brought a clock looking like a fucking die hard with a vengeance bomb, I get him arrested asap.

I think it's great that these kind of stories bring out the obvious racist people.

Religion/ideology != race Phone Post 3.0

Ha! Always the same argument.

How do you know that the kid is Muslim? (Not now obviously, after we know for sure)

Kid named Ahmed comes into your kid's school. Brings in a device. You would arrest him because of what knowledge you have of him?

Ahmed is a common name in the middle east. Christianity started in the middle east -> there must be a whole lot of people with Arab ethnicity and Christianity as a religion. Maybe even refugees because they're Christians who knows.

Therefore you cannot claim you know this guys ideology/religion but only what his name is, where he comes from and what the color of his skin is. You or  FIGHTLORD would have him arrested anyway. And that, Sir, is racist.

for op

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/lift-nsac-ban-mma-fighter-nick-diaz

Jambo888 -
White347LX - Kid sounds like a professional victim in interviews.

I was gonna say... sounded so polished and the language he used was so victim precise. seemed a bit strange 

Maybe he's just a well spoken kid? He's obviously intelligent, so it's not exactly a stretch that a teenager capable of building a digital clock out of spare Radio Shack inventory could also be an eloquent and composed speaker.

If he was some marble mouthed dipshit who stumbled and stuttered over his words you guys would be calling him a dumbass and questioning whether he was smart enough to build the thing in the first place.

Also, he sounds like a "victim" because that's exactly what he is. The kid built something he was proud of, brought it to school to show his engineering teacher and got fucking ARRESTED for it.

You guys see boogeymen everywhere. Do you check under your beds for monsters before you go to sleep, too? Phone Post 3.0

droplogic - 
leaot -
droplogic - 
leaot -

Religion/ideology != race Phone Post 3.0

Ha! Always the same argument.

How do you know that the kid is Muslim? (Not now obviously, after we know for sure)

Kid named Ahmed comes into your kid's school. Brings in a device. You would arrest him because of what knowledge you have of him?

Ahmed is a common name in the middle east. Christianity started in the middle east -> there must be a whole lot of people with Arab ethnicity and Christianity as a religion. Maybe even refugees because they're Christians who knows.

Therefore you cannot claim you know this guys ideology/religion but only what his name is, where he comes from and what the color of his skin is. You or  FIGHTLORD would have him arrested anyway. And that, Sir, is racist.

So his teachers wouldn't know he was a Muslim? Don't be an idiot, if that's at all possible. Phone Post 3.0

That one liner makes no sense. 

droplogic - When a hobbyist makes an electronic clock he doesn't use fucking ac power and if he did he wouldn't include a backup battery (which is standard on all alarm clocks). Phone Post 3.0

And most electronic bombs aren't exactly dependent on 110v AC plug in power.

I mean I can see it now

"Yeah, I would have blown it up, but fuck all if my extension cord didn't stretch far enough!"

droplogic -
MolsonMuscles -
Jambo888 -
White347LX - Kid sounds like a professional victim in interviews.

I was gonna say... sounded so polished and the language he used was so victim precise. seemed a bit strange 

Maybe he's just a well spoken kid? He's obviously intelligent, so it's not exactly a stretch that a teenager capable of building a digital clock out of spare Radio Shack inventory could also be an eloquent and composed speaker.

If he was some marble mouthed dipshit who stumbled and stuttered over his words you guys would be calling him a dumbass and questioning whether he was smart enough to build the thing in the first place.

Also, he sounds like a "victim" because that's exactly what he is. The kid built something he was proud of, brought it to school to show his engineering teacher and got fucking ARRESTED for it.

You guys see boogeymen everywhere. Do you check under your beds for monsters before you go to sleep, too? Phone Post 3.0
He didn't build shit, those are the insides of an alarm clock transferred into anther case. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly this. I'd be more impressed if he stuck paperclips in a lemon or made a potato battery than this.

Kid knew what he was doing and was just trying to stir some shit. Phone Post 3.0

JCON - that shit didn't look like a clock. And there is nothing wrong with profiling Muslims. Their religion teaches to kill all the infidels.

How many kids did Obama invite to the White House after the many deaths of police officers we have had? Zero. Phone Post 3.0

Open up your standard clock, that is what the insides look like if you don't have a casing on them. Once again showing the plummeting scientific literacy in good ole Murica!

Kid obviously knew it looked like a bomb and used it as a prank. He also knew that if all he said was its a clock and not admit it was anything else then they wouldnt be able to do shit to him.

Schrödinger's cat. The bomb can be considered both fake and real until proper inspection. I have no problem with him being arrested until an expert could determine if the device was a bomb or not. The kid saying it's not a bomb is irrelevant: no terrorist would say "you got me bro, that is a bomb." Saying it is not a bomb is exactly what a terrorist would say. Phone Post 3.0

WattMell - 
BackOffWarchild - LOL

He couldn't explain what it was? Despite having shown it to his engineering teacher earlier? I'm going to postulate that these ignorant, trashy-ass cops are trying to come up with excuses for how they arrested a Muslim geek in a NASA t-shirt.
Yeah because if you wear a nasa shirt your automatically innocent of any crime?

Lol @ the pc fags defending the kid. Let's not ignore the big elephant in the room, the kid follows the same religion as isis and brought a bomb looking device to school. Phone Post 3.0

Lol @ being so afraid of a religion you probably don't know shit about, that a 14 year old who brings a self-made clock to school is automatically considered a real threat.