So was the main event a win for mma

Alright let's hear your opinion?

Some of you mma guys must of loved tonight's fights, ironically  the girl fights an Yan vs aldo  were the  fights of the main card

snoozeman lived up to his name, but that's great mma hey?

No need to exchange punches just dominated the grappling cos fuck that exciting stand and bang shit  this is mma get that win!

there is a reason boxers make millions, and this was a black eye on the biggest stage for mma.

I think what will end up happening is people will pay to watch Usman lose. Almost like mayweather toward the end of his career. People would bitch about it not being a brawl...but they would tune in by the millions to hopefully witness his downfall live. Tbh there was a lot of that with GSP for a little while. 

It’s fans like you that actual fighters hate. Even those of us who have hung up the gloves and the shorts to take a seat on the couch, we hate you. 

You are complaining about one of the masters of the sport. Think about that for a second. 

Fuck off you bitch titted neck beard basement keyboard warrior. Loser. 

2 Likes

A lot of non UFC guys I know bought the fight and complaining how boring it was. They expected a fight not a clinch and footstomping 

usman didn’t gain any fans that’s for sure 

1 Like

these half-retards that bought into the macho man randy savage in a pimp suit shit Masvidal has been pushing are hilarious

1 Like

It's unpopular, but I'm still a purist and respect Usman's technical ability, but I also understand that from a business standpoint, it's terrible. 

The WW title fight scene is probably going to remain a black hole for a bit longer, until Usman ages out or gets a dance partner who is capable of warding off his wall and stall.  Other than maybe Burns, I'm not sure there is anyone out there within contender range who fits that bill.  The guy is just too good at certain aspects of the game and passable enough in the others right now to be toppled.

Besides, the only real money fights that exist right now in that division revolve around Conor or Masvidal.   Maybe, possibly, a rematch of Usman and Covington, but after last night people probably won't be too keen on seeing Usman again for a long time. 

1 Like

I liked the main event. Masvidal is a great striker who has been on a good run but really hadn’t been tested by a dominant grappler. It was a big test for Masvidal and it was an interesting fight from that perspective. It also felt like the kind of fight where even though it was a grind up against the cage, that there was suspense in that either guy had the potential to change that and break the fight wide open. I enjoyed it. Plus, I just like grappling.

2 Likes
jarroyo - 

I think what will end up happening is people will pay to watch Usman lose. Almost like mayweather toward the end of his career. People would bitch about it not being a brawl...but they would tune in by the millions to hopefully witness his downfall live. Tbh there was a lot of that with GSP for a little while. 

No one even knows who Usman is. Mayweather around the time when he became Money Mayweather from Pretty had already beaten multiple champions in different weights. He was already considered one of the best.

Usman last night was known as Masvidal’s opponent.

1 Like

Bottom line is control is a big part of fighting. I think it should be a bigger part of mma.

1 Like

Just like OP stated. This was a huge black eye for MMA. After that fight, nobody in MMA should ever bitch about not getting paid like boxers do. If they all were to stand up and out that type of title defence then I would be a lot more on their side, but they wont because he is not the only one that just tries to get the victory. It just burns my ass that he yaps like Woodley that he is so dangerous. It's a joke. His nickname has nightmare in it. Suitable because he is a nightmare to watch in the cage. 2 stars for his performance. 1 star for showing up. One star for making weight. 

2 Likes
HeyMarkIt1886 -

It’s fans like you that actual fighters hate. Even those of us who have hung up the gloves and the shorts to take a seat on the couch, we hate you. 

You are complaining about one of the masters of the sport. Think about that for a second. 

Fuck off you bitch titted neck beard basement keyboard warrior. Loser. 

Fighters love me.i support them an love the UFC. I have Brought  nearly every ppv since 2000.also 100s of boxing an K1s 

Not a fan of  "masters"of putting the fans to sleep though 

Canooke -

I liked the main event. Masvidal is a great striker who has been on a good run but really hadn’t been tested by a dominant grappler. It was a big test for Masvidal and it was an interesting fight from that perspective. It also felt like the kind of fight where even though it was a grind up against the cage, that there was suspense in that either guy had the potential to change that and break the fight wide open. I enjoyed it. Plus, I just like grappling.

I'm not trying to be a cunt, but I just don't like grappling. I know you are probably thinking why do I watch mma.

because it can be so exciting, the best usually fight the best.

I respect wrestlers an BJJ guys an understand that those skills are a big part of mma, but I personally prefer to watch a stand up battle

It wasnt a win or a loss for MMA, it was one anticlimactic fight that nobody is going to give a fuck about anymore a month from now because 6 more cards will have happened and people will have moved onto the next thing. 

1 Like