So we got this MMA thing.....

...where the best strikers, wrestlers and submissions guys get to fight to prove who is the ultimate fighter.

But no.....

Instead we have two world class wrestlers (hyperbole) who both hold BJJ blackbelts but instead we are treated to a shitty kickboxing match....

Oh how I miss you NHB.....

...and I probably shouldn't forget a Kyokushin Karate black belt who can't out-strike a novice striker...

My main point is that we have INCREDIBLY skilled guys completely failing to use their incredible skills and instead resorting to 3rd rate K-1 due to the desire to eek out a points win.

It's like Paul Daley and Scott Smith having a BJJ fight instead of risking getting KO'd!

LOL

Harold_Howard - GO back to WWE

Go back to blowing your boyfriend.

If GSP could knee on the ground he would actually be a way better fighter.

so we got this thing called a gameplan.....

Harold_Howard - 
rockwell - 
Harold_Howard - GO back to WWE

Go back to blowing your boyfriend.

GOOD ONE SON!

That's what your boyfriend said after you finished.

suess -  if you dont like it, peace out.  you wont be missed.  get your shitty attitude out of here.

Wouldn't you prefer to watch fighters actually using the best skills at their disposal?
That could have been an amazing ground battle between two superb wrestlers with BJJ blackbelts.

I think you dismissive post without anything to back up you opinions is the only shitty attitude here.

suess -  ok time to vote you down. 

Feel free if it prevents you having to come up with any logical argument to support your vacuous statements.

ix3623 -  if there were nhb rules, i guarantee gsp wouldn't be one of  the best fighters.. a lot of fighters get their best weapons taken away from them  with today's rules..like when they took away knees and head butts from coleman way back, etc..they were forced to lay and pray. that's just an example. just like how fighters like vanderlai  silva aren't as good because soccer kicks have been taken away from his arsenal.. luttle things can change a fighter's entire gameplan

not sure if you are a 10r or not but do you realize you would never have "discovered" MMA if they haven't installed the rules?

I'll say it again

GSP strikes with grapplers, and grapples with strikers, it's called a game plan.

Also, while GSP is a BJJ blackbelt, his original background is Kyokushin karate, not wrestling. So him standing should not be shocking to you.

It is a professional sport. The goal is to win. GSP wins.

If you want NHB go watch Felon Fights or Rio Heroes. Yeah it would probably be cool to see soccer kicks and knees to the head of a grounded opponent, but the fact of the matter is they're not part of the sport. It is stupid to say "Well so and so would get his ass kicked in a street fight because even though he's dominant in the UFC he's not a real fighter". It is like saying "Well Shaq was a good basketball player, but only because he could dunk etc. If the goal was 15 feet high he wouldn't have been as good." And maybe the argument does hold some water, but it's a stupid one to make. Phone Post

The only thing shocking about GSP standing was how poorly he did against a guy most consider to have some of the worst stand up in the division. GSP connected way more and yet got busted up. Phone Post

It's not about the ruleset. It's about guys refusing to fight to their strengths and instead giving us 2nd rate toughman when we couldve had a technical ground war. Phone Post

I always feel like...somebody's watching me!

rockwell - 
suess -  if you dont like it, peace out.  you wont be missed.  get your shitty attitude out of here.

Wouldn't you prefer to watch fighters actually using the best skills at their disposal?
That could have been an amazing ground battle between two superb wrestlers with BJJ blackbelts.

I think you dismissive post without anything to back up you opinions is the only shitty attitude here.

Do you really fucking think that they both just didn't want to grapple? You really have no concept of what high level grappling involves do you? As if either one of them could have just scored a takedown at any time and we could have seen two bjj blackbelts battle!!!!, your fucking kidding me right? Those two engaging in a grappling match would have been like playing with fire. and of course they both knew that. GSP knows shields wants it on the floor, so he's not leaving any openings, Sheilds also does'nt want to force shots because he knows Georges would just as easily put him on his back and impose his nullifying top game. Sometimes it just might take 25 minutes to wait for the opening to hit a clean shot so you dont make a one inch mistake and get tapped, Until that opening happens you throw strikes and keep moving at angles, and looking for tendencies and flaws in mechanics and looking for the opening. What do you think wrestlers and judo players are doing before the shoot or circle in for a throw, just running around each other to get the crowd pumped up? they cant throw strikes so naturally clinching up and making things happen occurs. Fuck off 10er.

^ I like the way you think.

Your Arsonist - 
rockwell - 

Do you really fucking think that they both just didn't want to grapple? You really have no concept of what high level grappling involves do you? As if either one of them could have just scored a takedown at any time and we could have seen two bjj blackbelts battle!!!!, your fucking kidding me right? Those two engaging in a grappling match would have been like playing with fire. and of course they both knew that. GSP knows shields wants it on the floor, so he's not leaving any openings, Sheilds also does'nt want to force shots because he knows Georges would just as easily put him on his back and impose his nullifying top game. Sometimes it just might take 25 minutes to wait for the opening to hit a clean shot so you dont make a one inch mistake and get tapped, Until that opening happens you throw strikes and keep moving at angles, and looking for tendencies and flaws in mechanics and looking for the opening. What do you think wrestlers and judo players are doing before the shoot or circle in for a throw, just running around each other to get the crowd pumped up? they cant throw strikes so naturally clinching up and making things happen occurs. Fuck off 10er.

No you fuck off idiot. My join date has fuck all to do with it. You are an 06'er and still thick as fuck.

"Those two engaging in grappling would've been like playing with fire"

That's my fucking point dumbass. Get off GSP's nuts.
It would have been like playing with fire but still several strata above that clusterfuck of a "stand up battle".

You've just defined the very essence of PLAYING IT SAFE.

"GSP knows shields wants it on the floor, so he's not leaving any openings, Sheilds also does'nt want to force shots because he knows Georges would just as easily put him on his back and impose his nullifying top game."

You just shot your own fucking argument down retard.

Jake wanted to grapple (fight to his strength), GSP did not, so we were shown a C-level kickboxing match in which GSP still got hospitalised.

And again, to re-iterate for the slower of mind, this decision was the result of failing to finish (you know the aim of MMA).

rockwell - 
Your Arsonist - 
rockwell - 

No you fuck off idiot. My join date has fuck all to do with it. You are an 06'er and still thick as fuck.

"Those two engaging in grappling would've been like playing with fire"

That's my fucking point dumbass. Get off GSP's nuts.

It would have been like playing with fire but still several strata above that clusterfuck of a "stand up battle".

You've just defined the very essence of PLAYING IT SAFE.

"GSP knows shields wants it on the floor, so he's not leaving any openings, Sheilds also does'nt want to force shots because he knows Georges would just as easily put him on his back and impose his nullifying top game."

You just shot your own fucking argument down retard.

Jake wanted to grapple (fight to his strength), GSP did not, so we were shown a C-level kickboxing match in which GSP still got hospitalised.

And again, to re-iterate for the slower of mind, this decision was the result of failing to finish (you know the aim of MMA).
Winning is the aim of MMA. Finishing is merely one way to win.