So what happens with Pettis?

feed him to guida and watch him get burped out

In a way it was settled though, no? Edgar remained the champion. It was up to Maynard to take the belt and that didn't happen.

I agree that I'd like to see Pettis fight a top 5'er before hand.

15 rounds in Edgars last 3 fights. damn

I don't like the rematch. people didn't wanna see them fight again in the first place. turned out to be a good fight, but you really only wanna give an immediate rematch if one, the people wanna see it or two, if their isn't another top contender waiting. it was a draw aka Maynard didn't win and Edgar didn't lose. keep the line moving IMO. you really run the risk of the next one being the boring one, or the same thing happening again. neither of these guys are finishers so I don't see the point of screwing Showtime

I agree with keep the line moving. Technically it's unresolved with Maynard but on the other hand it is resolved. They fought. Frankie still maintains the title. Maynard didn't take it away. Let the other guys get in there.

EvilMaster - He'll fight the winner of Maynard vs Edgar. So nothing has changed except the time line.
Damn, Dana White has the same problem as you.  Makes guarantees and then says the timeline is off.  LOL.

Hope you had a good Holidays man.