So who are you training with these days?

Where do you train or what do you train these days?

Me I'm training BJJ (Gi) with Brown belt (under Eddie Camden) Bret Talbot.

MMA with Clarence Thatch (I'm taking the summer off though)

and I also train KAPAP (Israeli combatives) under Albert Timen

So who, what, where are you training these days??

Just interested to see what the flavor is these days... 

I don't train, but I've been considering starting at Joslin's MMA here in Hamilton, ON for awhile now in BJJ.

Should I do it UG? I know they're associated with Alliance Jiu-Jitsu, but I don't know to what extent.

I wrestle inanimate objects

Jealous of the locations some of you guys have. Actual trainers and people with knowledge.

There are 2 MMA gyms open here, and I use that term loosely. Some guys who picked up on the fad of MMA and consider themselves teachers. Disgusting.

X_Rated - 
Chris Power - I don't train, but I've been considering starting at Joslin's MMA here in Hamilton, ON for awhile now in BJJ.

Should I do it UG? I know they're associated with Alliance Jiu-Jitsu, but I don't know to what extent.

DO IT. I've trained with The Inferno for about 2 years on and off and that man is just chock full of knowledge.

At other gyms you see guys great at striking, and others who are excellent grappling coaches... Joslin bridges the gap between those different stages and he is a master at helping fighters put together a comprehensive game that flows smoothly. He is excellent at teaching you how to setup your takedowns off of strikes, if you're a grappler.. how to land power shots and defend the takedown if you're a striker. The dude has a crazy sick game

Thanks, I've heard great things and I am really hoping to start soon. Just gotta make sure I've got the money to maintain it.

I've always been sad that my hometown's best fighter's (and only one to ever compete in the UFC) career was cut short the way it was (especially BECAUSE he was so talented). It's good to know at least that he's been successful as a coach as well.

Chimonos Revenge - I wrestle inanimate objects

Sofa's, Ottoman's, pillow's and such?

www.youtube.com/watch

I'm in Alabama: my training options are limited.

Work is sending me to Biloxi in a couple weeks, so I should have some time to swing by Remix (Alan Belcher) and Dixon's (whole bunch of UGers over there). The people I am meeting for work don't care if I come in all busted up, either, so I'm gunna have a blast.

I train Gi and No Gi with a Robson Moura brown (4stripe). Thinking about going to a gym jermaine Taylor owns out here to get some boxing. Phone Post

I haven't trained since my daughter was born. She's over a year old now.

I'm almost embarassed to say that I'd rather spend time with her than go to BJJ class.

KissMisery - Jealous of the locations some of you guys have. Actual trainers and people with knowledge.

There are 2 MMA gyms open here, and I use that term loosely. Some guys who picked up on the fad of MMA and consider themselves teachers. Disgusting.

Where are you at?

KidJustice - 
Chimonos Revenge - I wrestle inanimate objects

Sofa's, Ottoman's, pillow's and such?

www.youtube.com/watch

Ha! That's funny.

stlnl2,

I'm located in Southern Texas.

I can smell Mexico from my home.

Jack Skellington -   I haven't trained since my daughter was born. She's over a year old now.

I'm almost embarassed to say that I'd rather spend time with her than go to BJJ class.
Don't be, man. Being a dad is the coolest thing a guy can do.

KissMisery - stlnl2,

I'm located in Southern Texas.

I can smell Mexico from my home.

Alot of good guys in Texas, but I guess given the sheer size of the state, they may as well be in another state at times.

I train MMA/Muay Thai at Sityodtong Muay Thai Academy in Somerville, MA under Kru Mark Dellagrotte and Kru Neil Legallo.

I train Gi BJJ with Renzo Gracie NH and at Sityodtong Somerville MA under Professors Kevin Landry and Tim Barchard.

Zedlepln - 
Jack Skellington -   I haven't trained since my daughter was born. She's over a year old now.

lol, agreed

to tell you how much I love BJJ, my daughter's middle name is GRACIE

and yes I'm serious

I trained under washei miran, relson Gracie/Erik paulson brown belt in Virginia beach at eastern academy. Also trained in mauy Thai and csw there as well.

I am moving to virginia tech for college so I had to stop, but I'm joining a little mma club up there and I think there is a renzo black belt around there I might check out Phone Post

Zedlepln - 

My daughter is almost 2 now (I have a 16 yr old son also) that is why I took the summer off from MMA. I still do BJJ (during work hours I get paid 3 hours a week to work out)

I commend you on this Jack, but exercise is good for your overall health and when your daughter gets a bit older you might want to jump back in just for your own stress and health.

I've been wanting to join a JJ class but serious question here...

how do I find out if they're 'legit'?

The only schools that are available here are these:

http://www.paragonrgvbjj.com/about-2

http://www.cincomma.com/

Personally, I don't want to go somewhere where they are going to be teaching me shit technique. I wrestled in high school and a bit in college so I'm not that 'green' when it comes to grappling but these just seem like cons.

What do you guys think?

Just go check them out. Sit in on a class or usually places will let you take a free class. See how it feels and te vibe you get Phone Post