So who was impressed with Gardner?

LOL, remember the episode of the "The Simpsons", where Homer becomes a pro boxer?

HE HAD 6 WEEKS OF BOXING. he did ok. no mistakes.

He impressed the hell out of me.

He couldn't go wrong training with Dean Lister & Travis Gambino...

I was impressed, nice stiff jabs, he can only get better with time if he wants to conitune in MMA.

he did 1000% better than i expected. weird how the basics can work if you stick to them!

If he continues to work on his skills he could be a force. Imagine what he'd be like if his striking were to get better, and if he could develop even a basic submissions game?

didn't hendo say he hits harder than wandy?

I don't know, I was hoping to see a nasty suplex or something like that.
An explosion by the bigger man. Just somebody going for the kill. It
was a jab fest and Rulon did what he had to do to get a decision.

I could see the Japanese using him again to make a new storyline. Say
Takada walking into the ring and saying that he must fight Rulon for
whatever samurai pride reasons. People would go nuts. The storylines
of these fighters (Gold vs Gold for example), seem equally as important
as the actual fights to the Japanese fans.

They should put him against Fugita, he just came off a nasty knockout
win and would keep pressing Rulon. I like Fugita because he's tough
and explosive.

"I don't know, I was hoping to see a nasty suplex or something like that. An explosion by the bigger man. Just somebody going for the kill. It was a jab fest and Rulon did what he had to do to get a decision."

My own impression is that this is what happens when you have these kind of weird match-ups and the fighters are experienced athletes who play to win.

Yoshida was playing it safe because he was fighting a Man-Mountain who could throw him like a baseball. Gardner was playing it safe because it was his first fight and he was afraid of taking risks.

Now, put Giant Silva against the Swamp Thing, and you'll see some blazing action.

I agree with the people who say that they would like to see him fight against someone where he could use his wrestling background more. It'd be great to see what he could do against someone who he isn't reserved about going to the ground with...

I was very impressed and entertained by Gardners performance. Yoshida submitted Hunt pretty easily, Yoshida is a pretty game fighter and he had alot of trouble with Gardner. Gardner showed good defense and striking ability for a first time MMA fighter with only 2 months of real training for fighting.

"HE HAD 6 WEEKS OF BOXING."

wow he looked really disciplined. I think he will be a real force. he is training with the best team that fits his style and training with shamrock and lister as mentioned on the broadcast means even better things for him.

"didn't hendo say he hits harder than wandy?"

Yes, he did.