Soares: Anderson vs GSP makes sense, NOT Weidman.

“I think it makes the most sense. First of all, Georges St-Pierre has to get through Carlos Condit, but if he gets through Carlos Condit, which is not going to be an easy task, but if he gets through there that’s a fight that makes sense for both guys,” Soares told MMAWeekly Radio.

“A superfight like that I think is going to be the biggest fight. I think a lot of fans want to watch it and I think it will be a highlight for both of their careers. I think that the superfight is definitely a big challenge, fighting someone like Georges St-Pierre.”

“As far as the middleweight division, yes, I do think there are still a lot of challenges. I just think that the middleweight division, you’ve got guys who have been on a pretty good win streak like Chris Weidman, but unfortunately Chris Weidman as far as a fight goes, I mean, Anderson would fight anybody the UFC puts in front of him at 185 pounds, but we would just like to see a bigger fight,” Soares stated.

“I think right now, the fight the way it is, that might be a bit of a tough fight to promote. Once again, not taking anything away from Chris Weidman, because I think Chris Weidman is a very talented fighter, but I just think it’s a tough fight to promote right now.”

“He’s a very talented guy, but there’s no upside to that fight. If he goes out there and beats Chris Weidman, it’s expected of him. The guy only has 9 or 10 professional fights or whatever it is, and now all of a sudden he’s going to fight Anderson Silva, who has 15 consecutive wins in the UFC. It’s just one of those situations where it’s a no-win situation for Anderson,” said Soares.

“He has to go out there and destroy him and if he doesn’t destroy him, what’s that say? I just think the Chris Weidman fight is a difficult fight to promote, but I feel that outside of that the middleweight division is a little bit murky right now. There isn’t a solid No. 1 contender right now

“Personally, I don’t think there’s anything else Anderson needs to do to prove himself as far as MMA. I think he’s done what no one has done before, but I feel Anderson being the kind of fighter he is, he’ll know when it’s time to hang it up,” said Soares. “I leave that up to him.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/anderson-silva-vs-gsp-makes-sense-no-upside-to-fighting-chris-weidman-right-now

Go kill yourself. Please Phone Post

"I think a lot of fans want to watch it and I think it will be a highlight for both of their careers"

Really, and why doesn't that apply to AS and JBJ? Fuck off.
LOL @ Anderson going after GSP. Go up not down! WTF?!

Chasing after a welterweight? Really? It'd be different if GSP was calling them out. Phone Post

Kostakio - 

Chasing after a welterweight? Really? It'd be different if GSP was calling them out. Phone Post

This.

Glovegate - Let's try something here...

“I think it makes the most sense. First of all, Jon Jones has to get through Vitor Belfort, but if he gets through Vitor Belfort, which is not going to be an easy task, but if he gets through there that’s a fight that makes sense for both guys,” Soares told MMAWeekly Radio.

“A superfight like that I think is going to be the biggest fight. I think a lot of fans want to watch it and I think it will be a highlight for both of their careers. I think that the superfight is definitely a big challenge, fighting someone like Jon Jones.”

Yup, pretty much the exact same thing can be said about Jones too.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Anderson wanting some of that GSP ppv money

Of course fighting the smaller guy makes sense to them

john jones v silva makes more sense. but at this time fighting john johnes looks like it is taking years off of people's life .

Doem - john jones v silva makes more sense. but at this time fighting john johnes looks like it is taking years off of people's life .

. Phone Post

Kimbos Bread - 

“I think it makes the most sense. First of all, Jon Jones has to get through Vitor Belfort, but if he gets through Vitor Belfort, which is not going to be an easy task, but if he gets through there that’s a fight that makes sense for both guys,” Soares told MMAWeekly Radio.

“A superfight like that I think is going to be the biggest fight. I think a lot of fans want to watch it and I think it will be a highlight for both of their careers. I think that the superfight is definitely a big challenge, fighting someone like Jon Jones.”

I know right!!!!!!

It is not like Soares and Anderson have recently made it seem like they would be open to Jon Jones if they had enough time to prepare or anything....

“He goes, ‘I'm not prepared to take on Jon Jones because I haven't been training, so I don't think I'm ready for a championship bout, but I definitely would fight any other 205-pounder who is willing to step up and take the challenge.'”

Anderson is clearly so scared of Jon Jones.

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - I think Weidman Anderdson is the super fight the fans want to see, followed by weidman jones

Not sure if serious?

To be a "superfight" generally means one champion vs another. Niether of those are "superfights" because Weidman is not a champion at all.

Glovegate - Don't hate me, Trin. I'm juuuuust the messenger.

Also never said he was afraid.

Also Anderson has flat out refused every step of the way but some ambiguous wording means he wants it. Oh but not if the ambiguity suggests that the same camp turned down Weidman though, ala Anderson's manager.

In any case, when last asked directly, Anderson made wide, goofy eyes and just shook his head no. As is normal for a funny guy like him.

Just relax and go with what you have, not what you can argue. This isn't a court of law, brother. It's just a forum. Mainly we make each other laugh.

So, laugh.

I'm out so say whatever you want. Pretend you've owned me or whatever it is you kids say these days. Gunna go live my life for a bit.

It was not an ambiguos statement. It is pretty clear.

Anderson would fight Jones if he had ample time to prepare. Read the bold sentence again, slowly, and think about it's structure and what it directly implies.

"I am not preparred to take on Jon Jones because I have not been training"

This directly implies that if he HAD been training, he would have fought Jon Jones to save the card.

This is true company man. It would have been the third time he stepped up a wieght class to do the UFC a favor.

Have fun enjoying your life, I will do the same. ;)

Ed Soares-"Personally, I don’t think there’s anything else Anderson needs to do to prove himself as far as MMA."

^He could always try and prove that he can actually sell a fight on his own without a Chael Sonnen or GSP to do it for him.

Chuck Kongo - Ed Soares-"Personally, I don’t think there’s anything else Anderson needs to do to prove himself as far as MMA."

^He could always try and prove that he can actually sell a fight on his own without a Chael Sonnen or GSP to do it for him.

You are a complete FOOL if you don't think Anderson Silva is no THE most or at least Top 3 Most Popular MMA fighter in the world right now.

The mongoloids who think that the only marker for popularity is PPV sales crack me up.

Did you realize that there are MMA fans in South America, Europe, Asia and opther global markets that get the UFC events FOR FREE?

Anderson's last 4 fights have averaged over 20 MILLION viewers in Brazil alone....

brianlg - 

I agree with Soares. I prefer Andy v Jones, but gsp would be good too. Phone Post

Yupp.

I agree with Soares here.

I say first fight GSP.

Then fight Bones.

Then retire.

LilBrockonmychest - 
Kimbos Bread - 

Funny that some are too dumb to still get it, despite it being explained to them over and over and over....

Anderson Silva-  Dominant in the UFC for 6+ years.  Champ for nearly 6 years. 

GSP-  Dominant in UFC for 7.5 years.  Champion 5 of last 6 years

Jones-  Has been a professional mixed martial artist for less than 4.5 years and champ in the UFC for 1.5 years.

The Anderson/ GSP talk started long before Jones was even champion.  They have both been champ much longer than Jones has even been in MMA.   I'm sure if the UFC does the superfight they've been trying to put together for 3-4 years there will be more talk of the next superfight with Anderson/Jones. 

this

Wow the responses kinda surprised me I'm not gunna lie Phone Post

Glovegate - Don't hate me, Trin. I'm juuuuust the messenger.

Also never said he was afraid.

Also Anderson has flat out refused every step of the way but some ambiguous wording means he wants it. Oh but not if the ambiguity suggests that the same camp turned down Weidman though, ala Anderson's manager.

In any case, when last asked directly, Anderson made wide, goofy eyes and just shook his head no. As is normal for a funny guy like him.

Just relax and go with what you have, not what you can argue. This isn't a court of law, brother. It's just a forum. Mainly we make each other laugh.

So, laugh.

I'm out so say whatever you want. Pretend you've owned me or whatever it is you kids say these days. Gunna go live my life for a bit.

They didn't turn down Weidman Jesus Harold Christ on a rubber crutch stop saying that shit. UFC never offered only asked and AS management answered honestly and the UFC too seems to agree GSP makes more sense. Phone Post

LilBrockonmychest -
Kimbos Bread - 

Funny that some are too dumb to still get it, despite it being explained to them over and over and over....

Anderson Silva-  Dominant in the UFC for 6+ years.  Champ for nearly 6 years. 

GSP-  Dominant in UFC for 7.5 years.  Champion 5 of last 6 years

Jones-  Has been a professional mixed martial artist for less than 4.5 years and champ in the UFC for 1.5 years.

The Anderson/ GSP talk started long before Jones was even champion.  They have both been champ much longer than Jones has even been in MMA.   I'm sure if the UFC does the superfight they've been trying to put together for 3-4 years there will be more talk of the next superfight with Anderson/Jones. 

Very well put.

Theyve missed the boat on this fight for too long now.

It's really now or never if GSP gets through Condit.

I don't think Silva is ready to retire yet, but when he is, the Jones fight will be the one to go out on. Phone Post