Soares - Maia said personal things about Silva

"The emotions got to [Anderson]"

What better way to shut someone up than KO him after embarrassing him. The running away thing is what I don't get

frontrowbrian -  So full of shit... Maia is like the nicest dude in MMA. He doesn't know how to be a dick

How many times are they going to say "It wont happen again"? Thats three fucking fights that he was better than his opponent and he still didnt try to finish. He just danced around like an idiot.

I guarantee his PPV are going to drop dramatically after these last 3 title defenses.

PSBlows - what is so personal about saying "I'm gonna take one of his legs home"?

I don't see how anyone can take that so personally...is it much different from when 80% of fighters say "I'm gonna knock him out"

Exaclty. Its not like Maia said his wife's a whore and he fucked his mother. He said the same shit that any fighter would say before a fight.

PSBlows - what is so personal about saying "I'm gonna take one of his legs home"?

I don't see how anyone can take that so personally...is it much different from when 80% of fighters say "I'm gonna knock him out"
Agreed. Standard pre-fight hype.

did you guys even listen to the interview?

haha. Maia saying he wanted to submit Anderson is somehow a personal issue.

how dare he say hes going to win!

A Silva clearly has really thin skin + a big ego. 

frontrowbrian -  So full of shit... Maia is like the nicest dude in MMA. He doesn't know how to be a dick

Maia said Anderson was on TV in brazil talking about how Maia doesn't deserve to fight him.

Anderson started the trash talking and can't handle it when someone doesn't like him as a person?

I think its more than that...I think Maia was also saying Silva isn't a legitimate black belt. Silva didn't want to bring that up in the press conference. I think that's what really got to him

Anderson's reasoning for doing what he did is just plain pathetic. Maia's pre-fight hype talk was probably some of the most respectful i've heard and yet Anderson felt disrespected?!? Every other word out of Maia's mouth was how Anderson is the best in the world.

Anderson really is a strange character. It's amazing how someone so respected can turn themselves into such a villain so quickly. I guess some people's ego's just that big.

Silva is full of crap. Maia in no way disrespected him before the fight. Oh I'm sorry, was a jiu jitsu guy telling you that he will try to submit you disrespectful? This is why I've never been an Anderson fan. He seems extremely fake and arrogant and he tries to play the role of a humble martial artist w/ his gay little glasses. Who the fuck you tryin' to fool? If your a dick in real life, don't front Anderson.

With that said, Vitor is going to woop Anderson's ass!

I started to watch but didnt finish because hes too damned annoying to listen to/look at.

Playboy Anderson and his manager are fgt.

i didnt hear any shit talkig from maia

I was expecting that video to have like a Wallid interview dubbed over it as a joke.

He cock. He faggot. He fear of me.

guys,

you didn't hear anderson say anything. just cuz ed says it, doesn't mean silva said it.

maybe silva needs to hype himself up to hate his opponents. tohave disdain for them. maybe that was his reasoning.

imo, he just wanted to play uber conservative and take an easy win.

I have been an A. Silva fan for along time, and i think I still will be after all this blows over. What really disappoints me is that Anderson was coming into this fight discussing leaving a legacy in this sport, and unfortunately for him, history doesn't forget these type of things. He has some serious damage control to do to polish his legacy.
It's disheartening to see someone you respect and look up to demonstrate the personality he displayed at UFC 112, but I don't think that's who he is or wants to be. And being a person myself with the self realization of constantly having to strive for personal improvement, I'm sure Anderson will learn an important life lesson here and show it in the future.

Soares "well we rewatched the fight later and it wasnt as bad as i thought it was when i saw it live"

wat? dude is such a lying snake.

So Silva couldn't "find his distance."
This, against a grappler with average (if that) striking.

Some master Silva is.

He couldn't cope and ran.

He even got warned by the ref. Fact.

I am a Silva fan but that fight was disgusting.