Soares - Maia said personal things about Silva

Xspur - I have been an A. Silva fan for along time, and i think I still will be after all this blows over. What really disappoints me is that Anderson was coming into this fight discussing leaving a legacy in this sport, and unfortunately for him, history doesn't forget these type of things. He has some serious damage control to do to polish his legacy.
It's disheartening to see someone you respect and look up to demonstrate the personality he displayed at UFC 112, but I don't think that's who he is or wants to be. And being a person myself with the self realization of constantly having to strive for personal improvement, I'm sure Anderson will learn an important life lesson here and show it in the future.

No offense but this post reminds me of an abused woman.

"No guys he's usually not like this, he doesn't beat me all the time, he's never done this before.... I Can change him!"

lol at Anderson changing who he is, some people got to realize that not all the champions are nice respectful people.

props to Demian for continuining to fight on

Silva seems to have this ego since he started tearing people up and now, he's just scared to lose so he's just trying to coast.

Zuffa, you did Rich and Vitor @ 185, Rich and Wand; Why don't you put him in his place and give him GSP @ 175?

Soares "well we rewatched the fight later and it wasnt as bad as i thought it was when i saw it live"

wat? dude is such a lying snake.

The followup should have been "how many times do you think most fans watch an event".

Love how many of you jump to conclusions. I doubt many heard much of any of the non-UFC provided pre-fight hype.  So how can you possibly say Maia didn't disrespect him?

That said this all boils down to level of compeition.  Silva needs to be challenged and Maia provided nothing in that department.  Maia's a great fighter, but looked almost as bad as Leites out there.  It's time for Anderson to move up permanently.

Yes that right Ed, Maia's 'insults' to Anderson make everything okay and we can all just shrug are shoulders and say 'meh, we can't always get what we want'.

Yes, after all the hard work done to put together an event in the UAE, building an arena, the partnership with flash, breaking into a new market, the $3+ spent by the fans + the $millions on PPV, the efforts by all the other fighters to put on a show, it sure is the right thing to do to belittle all of this work and money spent, just to satisfy your little personal vendetta.

Since you were 'sucessful' in achieving your goals, I guess that's all that matters isn't it, and I guess Ed is then justified in saying 'meh, it just doesn't work out like everyone wants to'.

On a side note UFC, please set up Anderson vs Crocop. If he tries any of that show-boating shit, a LHK to the head will sort him out half a second later.

fantastic boobies on the tatood gentleman in the background from around 3:40

Great...so instead of punishing Maia he turns him into a martyr and punishes the fans. What an ass.

The list of douchy people in MMA just keeps getting longer. As well as their lame excuses for not showing up and fighting.

Hey Ed, I watched the fight a second time and it still sucked.

joeycrack - fantastic boobies on the tatood gentleman in the background from around 3:40

Christophe Midoux MMA, Kyukunshin fighters and GSP trainer.

oh, well if Anderson felt disrespected the best solution to that is go out and make a collosal douch sandwich out of himself and piss off the entire MMA community, damage his legacy and fuck up future opportunities...

good plan.

lookoutawhale - haha. Maia saying he wanted to submit Anderson is somehow a personal issue.

how dare he say hes going to win!

+1

so fucking disrespectful to sit for a long interview while the guy is trying to eat. Either wait until hes finished or dont ask so many questions. You guys may give Ed shit for defending who pays him but he was very respectfl and nice considering the intrusion

Bogus excuse.

How can something so harmless like "they said he's the spider, he has 8 legs, Well i want to take one home with me, hehe" get under his skin? 

That's not right blaming Maia for Anderson's actions'

He's so mad at him that he runs away like Kalib Starnes for two rounds? The dude behaved like a dick.

Doesn't mean he's not the best in the division, but I'm no fan of his.

so the alleged best p4p fighter in the world can't find his distance against a guy with Maia's stand up? good thing Dana saved him from that boxing match with Roy Jones. Pretty weak and lame excuses by Ed Sore-ass in that vid

JCNovak - so the alleged best p4p fighter in the world can't find his distance against a guy with Maia's stand up? good thing Dana saved him from that boxing match with Roy Jones. Pretty weak and lame excuses by Ed Sore-ass in that vid

Agreed.
The guy is an ass clown. Both of them....

I fucking hate Ed Soares. He's a dumb asshole.

Soares is annoying but he happens to manage some of the best guys in the world. I guess were gonna have to listen to this guy for a while before we get rid of him.