Sobriety is boring as fuck

Recently started AA after my personal life fell apart in one shitty heap forcing me to realize I am a functioning alcoholic. Just ticked over 50 days sober. I'm 32 and been drinking steady since 15. Just sort of realizing that all I did was drink piss and now I don't I am bored as hell need to find a new hobby

Anyone else give up the booze and find this problem? Phone Post 3.0

The Mitch Mitchell Experience - There's so much cool shit to do in the world that the only thing alcohol was doing was holding you back. Just start doing something that interests you and will require you to work hard to get better at. Phone Post 3.0

Yep

Exercise

Art (music, film, literature, painting, sculpture) as either a fan or creator

Learn to cook. Find an area of cuisine and own it. BBQ. Pastry. Whatever.

Build something. I built a pair of speakers. They sound better than my buddy's Thiels. They cost me $160. His were $3500.

Get involved in the growth of someone else. Teach, coach, or become a fluffer. Phone Post 3.0

You're doing it wrong. Phone Post 3.0

JoeMimic -
McGruff the wonder dog - Recently started AA after my personal life fell apart in one shitty heap forcing me to realize I am a functioning alcoholic. Just ticked over 50 days sober. I'm 32 and been drinking steady since 15. Just sort of realizing that all I did was drink piss and now I don't I am bored as hell need to find a new hobby

Anyone else give up the booze and find this problem? Phone Post 3.0
I've got 23 days and I'm 31. I kicked the booze after a binge drinking incident ruined my relationship. I can't say I enjoy being out as much but the cheap bill at the end of the night sure is a plus.

Good for you for getting sober! Keep your head up and keep going! Phone Post 3.0
23 days is good work brutha. Closing in on the magic 28. Set your markers and cross em off you calendar. It's a great feeling awaking up in the morning instead of coming to. Hardest thing for me has been doing all my favorite things without drinking. I love cookin BBQ, playin golf and playin my banjo but they were always big drink in exercises too. Plenty to look forward too now though Phone Post 3.0

The Mitch Mitchell Experience - There's so much cool shit to do in the world that the only thing alcohol was doing was holding you back. Just start doing something that interests you and will require you to work hard to get better at. Phone Post 3.0
That's my experience too. I thought it would be boring, but I realized there was nothing more boring than drinking every night. Phone Post 3.0

life is what you make it. it is time for you to figure out what you want to do with your life.

Sobriety is like a garden man .. You gotta work that shit for them fruits .. Be patient and soon enough you will be happy .. There's s reason we call it slobriety Phone Post 3.0

I decided to stop drinking and start eating clean about a month ago.

I used to do Muay Thai years ago, and now I'm back training (I'm in my early 40s). I was using booze and food to deal with work related stress issues, and of course my weight got out of control.

In the few weeks I've been back, the stress is gone. Sure it is tougher than buying a six pack and a pizza, but it is funny how taking the easy way out never really satisfied me anyway. Plus, I started not feeling so hot the day after, which magnified what I was already dealing with. The solution? Another six pack and more bad food. It was a cycle that fed into itself.

Now I'm out of that cycle. I'm having fun training again. I'm thinking clearer, and the things that were bugging me don't seem to bother me now. I'm also into hiking, and I'm thinking of some of the awesome hikes I'd like to take when I get in shape.

I'm only a month into living clean and a few weeks back into training. I can't 100% say that going back to taking the easy way won't cross my mind again, but my current state of mind says "why would I give this up for that?"

I hope you find something similar.

sonny o'hooligan - I decided to stop drinking and start eating clean about a month ago.

I used to do Muay Thai years ago, and now I'm back training (I'm in my early 40s). I was using booze and food to deal with work related stress issues, and of course my weight got out of control.

In the few weeks I've been back, the stress is gone. Sure it is tougher than buying a six pack and a pizza, but it is funny how taking the easy way out never really satisfied me anyway. Plus, I started not feeling so hot the day after, which magnified what I was already dealing with. The solution? Another six pack and more bad food. It was a cycle that fed into itself.

Now I'm out of that cycle. I'm having fun training again. I'm thinking clearer, and the things that were bugging me don't seem to bother me now. I'm also into hiking, and I'm thinking of some of the awesome hikes I'd like to take when I get in shape.

I'm only a month into living clean and a few weeks back into training. I can't 100% say that going back to taking the easy way won't cross my mind again, but my current state of mind says "why would I give this up for that?"

I hope you find something similar.

How did you find going back to MT? I can imagine it would be hell the first few session, and also very difficult to time anything, if you're sparring again.

Great work on the sobriety to you, and to all.

Sobriety sucks at first. You don't know how to deal with the lack of chaos. Start getting involved with Sober people and outings even if they're corny as fuck. Hang out with old friends who are good influences. Stop being a whiny bitch and man up as well. Fuck bitches get money.

Good stuff
And yes I felt bored after 90 days.

Every sober day is a good day. I however think the first 90 are the easiest as you are riding the high of being sober. I became an alcoholic at 25 I'm 33 now longest I stayed sober in consecutive days is 1yr 4mon 23 days. Phone Post 3.0

03Lurker - Exercise

Art (music, film, literature, painting, sculpture) as either a fan or creator

Learn to cook. Find an area of cuisine and own it. BBQ. Pastry. Whatever.

Build something. I built a pair of speakers. They sound better than my buddy's Thiels. They cost me $160. His were $3500.

Get involved in the growth of someone else. Teach, coach, or become a fluffer. Phone Post 3.0
I haven't slept and read speakers as sneakers. I was like, "What kind of fucking sneakers is your buddy wearing?!?" Phone Post 3.0

Just find something to do buddy.

Go out and exercise, learn to cook good healthy food.

On weekends get up early and start a project. Learn home improvement or even play some video games or something.

What is boring as fuck is sitting at a bar for 3-4 hours. Phone Post 3.0

I don't even know how to handle the few hours a month I don't have something to do.

Live is so awesome and so far from boring!

Hobbies are key!

Think of it as a shit ton of focused quality time that's all for your personal growth.

I did a 2 month purge after boozing like a maniac during busy season. The energy levels, clarity, and quality of sleep improved dramatically after the first week. Phone Post 3.0

What was so exciting about being drunk all the time? I like to get blasted with friends once in a while, but it gets boring if you do it too often.

Being sober sucks. I tried to go all of November but only lasted 2 weeks. Last time I do that. Life sucks without mind altering shit. Weekends have never been so boring, fuck being sober.

Unfortunately sir you reached the point where you rely on alcohol to function. That's why it's 'boring', it's only been 50 days, give it more time and you'll see there's more to enjoy than numbing the senses. Phone Post 3.0

Sports man. Co ed sports. Phone Post 3.0