SOBRIETY-whats the Worst part??

for you former addicts out there, what is the hardest part about sobriety for you?for me, i have zero cravings which shocks counselors and friends but what kills me is the boredom..i work, i train, i have hobbies but i find the hardest parts are the weekends when u know everyone is out partying or drinking and u are there sober..uggh sometimes its brutal even if u have buddies to hang out with..

also, i never realized this until i got sober but drugs are such an effective bonding agent for people..its so easy to make friends when you do drugs or drink..its easy, 'hey, you smoke pot, come over'...its that simple to bond and the same goes for drinking, your personalities dont even have to mesh, as long as u are drinking or high together, all is good, immediate buddies...when u get sober, u actually have to click with people and form bonds that dont revolve around simply sitting around a living room getting high or on the barstool...you have to actually get out and do things..

so those are my 2 gripes..

Yea. Boredom for sure. I need constant excitement or i get bored Phone Post 3.0

I did aa years ago but I got so tired of sitting around with other sober people talking about not drinking Phone Post 3.0

Looking at yourself in front of a mirror before you go out. As in nights where you pre drinking about to go out to town you look at the mirror and your like wow I'm sexy as fuck. Sober your thinking geez kill me now. Phone Post 3.0

2yrs 5mo clean

Not going to bars, drinking and doing drugs, meeting girls

Going out with girls and doing drugs and drinking
All pusy based

Program girls all smoke or do that retarded vapor, can't stand either but I still bang them

And I'm not a former addict, I can't forget that I'm an addict everyday

The hangover Phone Post 3.0

Oh shit. I thought this was about alcohol and I was making a joke. Actually read some of the thread. Sorry guys. Phone Post 3.0

Bry Bry - for you former addicts out there, what is the hardest part about sobriety for you?for me, i have zero cravings which shocks counselors and friends but what kills me is the boredom..i work, i train, i have hobbies but i find the hardest parts are the weekends when u know everyone is out partying or drinking and u are there sober..uggh sometimes its brutal even if u have buddies to hang out with..

also, i never realized this until i got sober but drugs are such an effective bonding agent for people..its so easy to make friends when you do drugs or drink..its easy, 'hey, you smoke pot, come over'...its that simple to bond and the same goes for drinking, your personalities dont even have to mesh, as long as u are drinking or high together, all is good, immediate buddies...when u get sober, u actually have to click with people and form bonds that dont revolve around simply sitting around a living room getting high or on the barstool...you have to actually get out and do things..

so those are my 2 gripes..

First let me say, that there is no such thing as a former addict. Every addict whether they're using or not is still an addict and will always be.

Moving on...

It's all pretty common feelings man. I understand what your going through but the life you were living wasn't really life. It was an escape from life. Your comparing a life of pure bliss with a life mixed with work and pain, of course it's going to seem tough and mundain at times. You also have this strange idea that everyone else is out having a great time except you. It's far from the truth. Most peoples idea of a good time is to be 1000 miles away from the closet bar or drug.

I always say that "Addiction is addiction". Meaning that your going to be an addict no matter what. That's the hand you were dealt. You can however turn that into a positive. You can have healthy addictions to things that have healthy results. Write down a list of things you have always wanted to do and go for it. After my heart surgery, I was home not 4 months before I bought a guitar. I always wanted to learn how to play and having almost died it felt like a good time to start. Music is a great outlet.