Sode tsurikomi intructional?

Hey, do you guys know any instructional vid that covers the sode tsurikomi goshi? I've got Jeon's vid, just wondering what else is out there

Koga. Also some gokyo tapes.

those two kinda cover it, but not in indepth detail. truth is that the throw is really pretty new in recent years and the rule changes in judo have dramitically changed how it can be finished.

with that being said, it would be almost impossible for a solid instructional video or book to really cover it becuase it would become obsolete within a year or two.

all i can tell you is this... learn to do classical sode. then watch a lot of videos of guys like Arrencibia from Cuba, Lee from Korea, Pedro from the USA, Kanamaru from Japan and even Zeevi from Israel. All of whom have really great sode's with different ways of entering and finishing them.

natrually, though, none of that compares to going to clinics and working with people who do and know the throw. there are a number of Americans who do it quite well-- Jake & Justin Flores, Aaron Cohen, Jimmy Pedro, and a few others.

1. LEARN SEOINAGE FIRST (TO THE LEFT AND RIGHT)
  2. LEARN THE CLASSICAL SODE
  3. KEEP PRACTICING SEOINAGE
  4. KEEP PRACTICING SEOINAGE
  5. GIVE 5O/50 UCHIKOMI/NAGEKOMI TIME TO SODE AND SEOI

You will soon find out that seoi and sode are "d@mn" near the same in terms of rotating and throwing.

I'm not saying this is the only way, but its the way I learned it.

And, YES I use sode, just ask Josh Resnick about my sode at the Olympic Trials (everyone was shocked)

Hey Josh and Rhadi, thanks for your advice!

I believe that throw is covered in my series as well and I will be covering
even further in the next series current in the works.

David

yea, rhadi does it.. after matte is called. =)

and, yes, your motions for sode and seio "FEEL" identical. if you can do a standing seio you can do a sode. the difference is in how uke reacts and how you offload him. you really need to have guts with the entry of a seionage and guts with the finish of a sode.

injury wise, the way i see it.. seionage puts a much greater risk to your lower back, but sode puts a much greater risk to your shoulders. ive had work done on both. =)

I can do sode, but I can't have anyone practice it on me - my shoulders are wrecked.

And Josh, look at the tape - it was not after matte, the entry for sode and the matte were simultaneous - just like Nakamura at the 1996 Olympics. (you know the throw)

D@mn San Jose guys :) they stick together like wet toilet paper.

well, the Nakamura throw was not only simultaneous with the matte, but about 2 feet out of bounds as well. it should've been waved off competely. his opponent was robbed in the finals of the world championships.

and, it isnt like wet toilet paper--its more like a titanumn chain used to anchor a battleship. =)

speaking fo which, Barnes' wedding was today.