Software you wish was cross-platfo

platform?

on Linux, I love Evince, it's a lightweight PDF/Postscript viewer.

much better than fucking with Adobe Acrobat, that bloated whore.

anyway, I wish it worked on Windows.

I wish native Apple DVD creation and mpeg conversion software were available on Windows or Linux.

I wish MS office were truly cross-platform without any weird font screwups when going back and forth between Mac and Windows. I wish it were on Linux too.

I wish some of the GUI tools on Windows administration were on Linux. Linux admin gui tools mostly blow.

"I wish MS office were truly cross-platform without any weird font screwups when going back and forth between Mac and Windows. I wish it were on Linux too."

I'd rather just have a 100% MS Word compatible version of OO.

"I wish some of the GUI tools on Windows administration were on Linux. Linux admin gui tools mostly blow."

I agree here. Which ones do think don't blow, btw?

On Redhat, I like the X one (redhat-config-xfree86 or something) and printer one (redhat-config-printer-gui or something).

I like those two because of a few things that are not true many other Linux GUI tools

1. Command-line editing is hard because the config file is complicated for cups and X.

2. These two are fairly crash free

3. They are mostly complete with respect to functionality. That is, I don't have to know both GUI and command line. If I'm forced to learn command line anyway because of incomplete functionality, why use the GUI anyway?

thanks for introducing us to FINDSTR! :)

I want at least POSIX regexps, though.

Did not know findstr either. Thanks for that tip.

Wish Flash (the dev tool) and Flex-Builder were both available on Linux. THat's the only reason I'm forced to use windows...