SoG striped WBC is crooked

WBC strips Andre Ward of Championship for not defending title in a timely manner wbc is disgusting! Phone Post 3.0

He's beyond them anyway. He's pretty much the only universally recognized champ. Anyone else claiming to be 'champ' at 168 would look foolish Phone Post 3.0

pharochuck - He's beyond them anyway. He's pretty much the only universally recognized champ. Anyone else claiming to be 'champ' at 168 would look foolish Phone Post 3.0
True!
It's just sad how blatant their corruption is
Guys like Floyd and Vitali K haven't defended their in as long if not longer then Andre but its a non issue just a shame Phone Post 3.0

If you happen to be good enough to win 2 or more belts...and the WBC trinket is one of them...they will actually force you to pick which belt to keep.

So either you keep theirs and dump the others, or you keep the others and give up being the WBC champion. Basically they are against having a unified champion. Which is horrible for the sport IMO.

PoundforPound - If you happen to be good enough to win 2 or more belts...and the WBC trinket is one of them...they will actually force you to pick which belt to keep.

So either you keep theirs and dump the others, or you keep the others and give up being the WBC champion. Basically they are against having a unified champion. Which is horrible for the sport IMO.
Why would they even care what a fighter did with the other belts? Phone Post 3.0

^They want the sanctioning fees and the $ for their mandatory challenger. It underlines how screwed up boxing is. The #1 contender isn't who the #1 contender is, its who we (the WBC) say it is. Obvious corrupt joke. Jose Sulliman is as slimy as they come.

buddie - ^They want the sanctioning fees and the $ for their mandatory challenger. It underlines how screwed up boxing is. The #1 contender isn't who the #1 contender is, its who we (the WBC) say it is. Obvious corrupt joke. Jose Sulliman is as slimy as they come.
You just nailed on the head IMO Phone Post 3.0

from fightnews:

BOXING NEWS
Standoff: Canelo vs. the WBC

The World Boxing Commission seems to be adamant that current WBC/WBA unified champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez not be allowed to keep two belts and must choose to be either WBC champion or WBA champion. Canelo wants to keep both titles. Eddy Reynoso, Director of Canelo Promotions, has communicated that position to WBC President Jose Sulaiman and Canelo is planning to visit WBA Headquarters in Panama to be presented with the WBA belt tomorrow.

Currently the WBC accepts that Danny Garcia holds both the WBC and WBA belts at 140lbs and Andre Ward held the WBC/WBA belts at 168lbs until being stripped due to injuries.

I hope Canelo tells Sulaiman to stick it.

The excuse they use is that they don't want fighters who are unranked (by the WBC) to get a shot at their champion. But it's all about the sanctioning fees as buddie pointed out.

Total bullshit Phone Post

http://www.boxingscene.com/sulaiman-canelo-you-give-up-one-titles--66017

Sulaiman is going to give Canelo four to five days to make a decision.

"I think that there is nothing wrong with Canelo going to Panama to receive his WBA belt because he won it in the ring. The World Boxing Council, in its rules, forbids a champion to keep two belts at the same time. We approved the fight between Canelo and Trout, based on the condition that the winner would make a decision on which belt he was dropping in fifteen days. The WBA, their president Gilberto Mendoza is a great friend of mine. I saw Canelo receive his belt [after beating Trout] and he gave it to his brother. And he said [he was giving it to his brother Rigoberto Alvarez] on television. And I had no doubt with which samctioning body he was going to stay with," Sulaiman said.

"We only accept unification fights when the winner drops one of the titles. If you leave us, no problem. Then the title becomes vacant and we will draw another winner. If you stay with us, we are proud of that. In the case of Canelo, I have a lot of love, affection and respect for him. I've seen him grow from the time he was fighting on the sandstones of nightclubs. And I've pushed him all of my life. I've been the first , and sometimes the only one who defended him against the many attacks he has had. I've always said that I consider him to be the strongest WBC champion at the present, with the exception of [Floyd] Mayweather and [Vitali] Klitschko. Aside from that, I'm very proud of Canelo Alvarez for what he's become."

"He has to give us his decision in the next four or five days. I think he is going to stay within the World Boxing Council and I will respect him for that, and I also respect the WBA. If Saul does not stay with the World Boxing Council, it will be one of the saddest days of my life."

In other news- Water is wet.

Seriously though he doesn't need some bullshit belt at this point. Anyone who's interested in boxing now days knows who the real champ is in the division. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck the WBC.

Keep the WBA and go for the IBF and WBO belts.

History will be his vindicator. Phone Post 3.0