Some fun mma star what ifs... Musumeci challenge

In case you dont know Caio Terra has put up $10,000 looking for a heavyweight / maybe heavyweights to grapple against his student Mikey Musumeci.

Just for fun list an mma star below that you would put your hard earned money on beating Musumeci in a gi bjj match.

Would Chael Sonnen beat the Musumeci challenge? I mean I would have to say yes.

ttt

Ok so if you want to go the opposite route, name a heavyweight that Musumeci would beat in the Musumeci challenge. For example, if you think Frank Mir would get tapped out and lose 10K in the process then just say so here... and go!

Mikey would absolutely steamroll any mma fighter in the gi up to 200 lbs.  past that they may be able to stall him out but if they actually try to pass his guard he’ll wreck them.

no gi is trickier.  Somebody might be able to constantly disengage a la miyao-Faber

Easters -

Mikey would absolutely steamroll any mma fighter in the gi up to 200 lbs.  past that they may be able to stall him out but if they actually try to pass his guard he’ll wreck them.

no gi is trickier.  Somebody might be able to constantly disengage a la miyao-Faber

Interesting! What about above 200? The challenge is looking for heavyweights.

10k? do i have to win?

Calhoon -

No

Roxy

HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -

No

How would he lose? Berimbolo? You think Musumeci could get Chael down to a hip?

Calhoon -
HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -

No

He’d take his back at some point more than likely or get an advantage for a near sweep. No way chael comes close to passing his guard in a gi. Mikey would pull guard immediately so chael wouldn’t score any takedown points. 

ranier wolfcastle -

10k? do i have to win?

You dont have to win. Only if you want to collect 10K instead of pay 10K do you need to win.

HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -
HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -

No

He’d take his back at some point more than likely or get an advantage for a near sweep. No way chael comes close to passing his guard in a gi. Mikey would pull guard immediately so chael wouldn’t score any takedown points. 

I feel like Musumeci getting Chaels back is a small chance. VERY SMALL... LIKE MIKEY MUSUMECI SIZE SMALL

Chaels style of grappling is pressure and coming inside the closed guard where I feel he has enough awareness to defend any of Mikeys attacks... even in the gi.

I would give better odds of seeing Chael securing half guard and getting a gi choke or Kimura than I would Musumeci taking his back.

Calhoon -
HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -
HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -

No

I feel like Musumeci getting Chaels back is a small chance. VERY SMALL... LIKE MIKEY MUSUMECI SIZE SMALL

Chaels style of grappling is pressure and coming inside the closed guard where I feel he has enough awareness to defend any of Mikeys attacks... even in the gi.

I would give better odds of seeing Chael securing half guard and getting a gi choke or Kimura than I would Musumeci taking his back.

Then you’re not a knowledgeable fan of modern sport bjj. Mikey is lightyears ahead of chael who is old af anyway. 

Calhoon -
HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -
HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -

No

Come on man. In the gi Mikey wins 10/10. Chael would never get into any type of position to tap him. Mikey is also very good at leg attacks and I could see him tapping Chael with one. 

Of any MMA guy is going to do it it's going to be a bjj guy like Maia or Burns. Someone who actually understands how to deal with the modern guard game.

Muhammad Aly, whonwould absolutey wreck chael in gi or no-gi, couldn’t score on Mikey. Beat him by an advantage. Before that Mikey beat a 6’4+ 400 lb black belt again who never came close to scoring though he lost by a penalty point for complaining to ref. 

I think Werdum and Vinny could both do pretty well.

HillboFrateTrane -

Muhammad Aly, whonwould absolutey wreck chael in gi or no-gi, couldn’t score on Mikey. Beat him by an advantage. Before that Mikey beat a 6’4+ 400 lb black belt again who never came close to scoring though he lost by a penalty point for complaining to ref. 

I saw both matches.

Aly is awesome and he played a game that is totally different than what Chael would imo. Chael would play more like Houmine who realistically dominated that match. Mikey had nothing at all for the big guy who stayed on his knees and pressured. Houmine even went for chokes and cranks inside Mikey's guard and Mikey could not do a thing. If we are being honest the only reason Mikey won was because the referee gifted him the win because like I already said, he had nothing for the big man.

I still believe that Chael would take him in a fair environment and I would not be surprised at all if he secured a simple submission.

pbody -
Calhoon -
HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -
HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -

No

Come on man. In the gi Mikey wins 10/10. Chael would never get into any type of position to tap him. Mikey is also very good at leg attacks and I could see him tapping Chael with one. 

Of any MMA guy is going to do it it's going to be a bjj guy like Maia or Burns. Someone who actually understands how to deal with the modern guard game.

With what setup ould he get Chaels leg? Instead of worryoing if Chael could deal with Musumeci's modern game I am more concerned with how Musumeci would deal with Chael's classic game.

HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -
HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -
HillboFrateTrane -
Calhoon -

No

Then you’re not a knowledgeable fan of modern sport bjj. Mikey is lightyears ahead of chael who is old af anyway. 

Or you overestimate the modern game. One of the two.