Some guys just don't get..........

Actually the OG is where we are assholes. Guys on this forum keep it respectful most of the time.

i

g

n

o

r

a

n

t

There you go. Now we are getting along.

=)

I know guys like to mess around on here, but I was just trying to give props. You misunderstood the point of my post and that's cool, no big deal.

I agree with Sultan's post. I have been training since 1997, and it will be another 10 before I am black, if God wills it. Pretending that jiujitsu is "just a sport" is incredibly limiting, and success at sport is not the sole criteria for being a Professor of the art.

AND, his title is perfectly corroborated by some of the responses here. Some people don't get it.

The Mat Pimp, where do you train at, what belt are you, what are the strengths and weaknesses of your game?

Wasn't trying to be an asshole. But when you make a thread informing the public how badass bjj BBs are (which is correct), and in your next post you say how they can all sub you quickly (new bjj blue belt), the obvious interpretation won't necessarily be what you intended.

BTW, I read every post on the thread before I posted. I realize what was written didn't come off the way you intended it. Its not necessarily cause everyone is being an asshole or ignorant though, its just that your point wasn't very clear.

"I was giving them respect because a lot of no-gi/wrestlers act as if a black belt is so "easily attainable" or defeatable and completely undermine the level of knowledge that a black belt can offer."

Fair enough. I totally agree with you.

Master Lloyd Irving got his bjj blackbelt in 3.5 years, and his judo and sambo blackbelts in 1 year. He says we've all be LIED to about how long it takes to reach blackbelt ... we just need the grappling gameplan.

"Its not necessarily cause everyone is being an asshole or ignorant though, its just that your point wasn't very clear."

That's cool and I can certainly understand that. It would probably have made sense to ask a question rather than make assumptions though, no?

Typically when I don't understand something, I usually ask a question to clarify anything that is confusing me.

The other guys were just being dicks. No worries though. It's only the net and it's no big deal.

^So you just like to argue huh?

^LOL @ the kettle^

I think the thread idea and overall message was cool Sultan...

"Ring Ring

"Hello Pot Speaking"

"Hey Pot, This Is Kettle. Guess What, You're Black""

This reference is totally lost on me, is that from a movie or something?!

another self owning by Sultan

"Typically when I don't understand something, I usually ask a question to clarify anything that is confusing me. "

"Look, I'm not trying to argue the point, it's just that there are so many assholes in this place that it's unbelievable how quickly things get distorted."

Its nice that you clarified what you meant, but I wasn't assuming anything. If you don't want to argue something, you probably shouldn't make threads that start with "What being a black belt in BJJ really entails." Thems fightin words.

"Hate to inform you..."

If you don't want ppl to think you're arguing from authority, this probably isn't the best way to frame your statement.

You can't create a thread making a statement against an opposing viewpoint and then claim that everyone interpreting it as an argument is an asshole or ignorant.

" ^So you just like to argue huh?"

And to pre-empt you...yeah I like to argue...over the internet. And yeah, I would absolutely love to win gold in the special olympics. I don't care what you or anyone else says...the retards are the true heroes of the olympic games. Like the great Eddie Saldana once said: "Just because more than one person doesn't understand something doesn't mean you or they are correct."