Some Khabib/Tony/McGregor stats

AnericanFootball -

Lol @ Khabib’s “accomplishments”

Good way of outing yourself as an idiot. 

wiggum -
Boner McGregor - 

Conor has a vastly superior body of work. Cut it any which way you want.

That takes nothing away from Tony or Khabib’s accomplishments. 

If you look at both weightclasses, I think that’s right.

Conor’s best wins: Alvarez, Mendes, Diaz, the great Jose Aldo, Porrier.

Conor’s worst loss in current form: Diaz

Khabib’s best wins: RDA, Barboza, Johnson, Trujillo

Khabib’s worst loss in current form: N/A

Tony’s best wins: Lee, RDA, Barboza, Thompson, Trujillo

Tony’s worst loss in current form: I’d argue there none. He’s a far better fighter than he was at the time of the MJ fight.

Based on this, I think Conor has accomplished more with better wins. Khabib and Tony have both beat RDA, which is really impressive. But I don’t think that’s better than Jose Aldo. And Conor’s wins over Mendes and his Flawless Victory over Eddie are both remarkable.

Don’t forgot Conor has a one legged win over Holloway. 

^^Good call. Left that off my list.

Boner McGregor -
AnericanFootball -

Lol @ Khabib’s “accomplishments”

Good way of outing yourself as an idiot. 

He does it with virtually every post.

How come nobody ever mentions Khabib Time’s “Fights” outside of the UFC we’re only 2 round fights that ended in decisions.

what The hell are 2round fights, and would this be considered padding your record? I’ll leave this here for the experts.

ThePirateMD -

How come nobody ever mentions Khabib Time’s “Fights” outside of the UFC we’re only 2 round fights that ended in decisions.

what The hell are 2round fights, and would this be considered padding your record? I’ll leave this here for the experts.

I’m not just an expert but the ultimate authority on this subject.

A fight is a fight, two rounds, three rounds or five rounds, it doesn’t matter. Having your hand raise is all that matters. 

Boner McGregor - 
ThePirateMD -

A fight is a fight, two rounds, three rounds or five rounds, it doesn’t matter. Having your hand raise is all that matters. 

10 min first round?

BrowBeaten - 

Their records over the past FOUR YEARS... 

Tony 9-0

Khabib 3-0

Conor 7-1 (Two Titles) 

Khabib has fought 3 times over 4 years... Hmmm... 

In 2 weeks Khabib will have 3 fights since Conor’s last

Boner McGregor -
ThePirateMD -

So his “wins” are more like The Ultimate Fighter show “wins” ... then those should be counted too

ThePirateMD - 
Boner McGregor -
ThePirateMD -

So his “wins” are more like The Ultimate Fighter show “wins” ... then those should be counted too

So you consider Pride fights exhibition because they were only 2 rounds? Or do you even know what pride was?

FrontBroRian - 
ThePirateMD - 
Boner McGregor -
ThePirateMD -

So you consider Pride fights exhibition because they were only 2 rounds? Or do you even know what pride was?

You took the words out of my mouth.

Boner McGregor -
wiggum -
Boner McGregor - 

Tony’s worst loss in current form: I’d argue there none. He’s a far better fighter than he was at the time of the MJ fight.

Based on this, I think Conor has accomplished more with better wins. Khabib and Tony have both beat RDA, which is really impressive. But I don’t think that’s better than Jose Aldo. And Conor’s wins over Mendes and his Flawless Victory over Eddie are both remarkable.

In fairness, it was a 5 years ago injured Conor with a win over a 5 years ago injured Holloway. Both guys are light years more improved, and pretty much different fighters now then they were way back then. Not discounting the win, but it’s disengenuous to tout that as a big accomplishment. It was a solid win though. 

Morgz - 
Boner McGregor -
wiggum -
Boner McGregor - 

In fairness, it was a 5 years ago injured Conor with a win over a 5 years ago injured Holloway. Both guys are light years more improved, and pretty much different fighters now then they were way back then. Not discounting the win, but it’s disengenuous to tout that as a big accomplishment. It was a solid win though. 

I don’t think he was trying to imply that he beat the current world-beater, Max Holloway.

But he beat a very good, very game, very tough Max Holloway. If I mentioned Khabib and Tony beating Trujillo, it’s worth also mentioning Conor’s win over Max.

wiggum -
Morgz - 
Boner McGregor -
wiggum -
Boner McGregor - 

I don’t think he was trying to imply that he beat the current world-beater, Max Holloway.

But he beat a very good, very game, very tough Max Holloway. If I mentioned Khabib and Tony beating Trujillo, it’s worth also mentioning Conor’s win over Max.

Fair point.  I’d prefer leaving all of those out for all 3 guys, but you just put it in good perspective 

Morgz -
Boner McGregor -
wiggum -
Boner McGregor - 

Max was a very accomplished fighter back then as illustrated by his wins over: 

• Jeremy Stephens

• Charles Oliveira

• Cub Swanson

• Cole Miller

JitznPound -
wiggum -
Dreville79 - 
wiggum -
Dreville79 - 
wiggum -
BrowBeaten - 

Their records over the past FOUR YEARS... 

Tony 9-0

Khabib 3-0

Conor 7-1 (Two Titles) 

Khabib has fought 3 times over 4 years... Hmmm... 

The truth is, all three guys have done things that are really remarkable. Assuming that we actually get the fights, this is an amazing time for the division.

Khabib has the potential and might well right supreme for years. But as of right now, he’s done nothing that warrants being called remarkable

I think being 25-0 (or whatever his record is) is genuinely remarkable.

I also think that having absolutely dominant wins over RDA, Johnson, and Edson is remarkable. (Not just having wins over them. But absolutely dominant, crushing victories.)

RDA wasn’t all that back then, Johnson is a journeyman, and Barboza HATES wrestlers. Don’t get me wrong, all solid wins, but remarkable is quite the statement… 

As for 25-0, take out those three you mentioned, and explore the other 22 wins. Someone listed them all on here a while back, his record before Johnson, barring RDA, is laughably padded 

Again, I expect him to change that, but I also expect Ferg to flatline him 

Edson has beaten decent MMA wrestlers. I can’t recall any fight where he lost because of being taken down consistently. Maybe the Johnson fight.

RDA went on his run immediately after that loss. After the loss to Khabib, it went High, Benson, Nate, then his winning the title.

Johnson might be a journey man. But nobody (including Nate and Tony) have ever made him look so helpless.

Before the RDA fight, Khabib beat Healy, Abel, Tibau (he worst showing) and Tavares. Those are all solid wins.

You know Johnson beat tony yeah?

Again, I’m not denying Khabib might very well be the real deal and go on to become one of the greats. I’m just looking at the term remarkable… There’s guys that have won titles that I wouldn’t say are “remarkable”. 10 wins straight against top quality opponents is. Multi divisional champ is. You’re looking back to High and Healy as solid wins, and ok they’re no slouches, but I’m betting all 10 in Tony’s streak would be favourites to have put guys like that away. People say about Conor getting favourable fights, but no one mentions them feeding Barboza to Khabib, that was easily his most favourable match up in the top 10. I’d have liked to see how he dealt with Alvarez myself. We shall see going forward though!