Some old fights from Georgia (recognizable names)

blue?

Referee Blake Grice

Referee George Allen fighting in an open hand, Pancrase style match

It’s Cam!

Man it was fun going to the early MMA/NHB fights in Georgia back in the day. Saw George Allen, Forrest Griffin, Cam fight, and many other great matches. Marc Coleman walking around in the early days in some event in an armory. Ah the memories.

Douglas Lima

FatBuddha - It's Cam!

Man it was fun going to the early MMA/NHB fights in Georgia back in the day. Saw George Allen, Forrest Griffin, Cam fight, and many other great matches. Marc Coleman walking around in the early days in some event in an armory. Ah the memories.

Haha, yeah, that was at that Holiday Fight Party when Coleman was down getting ready for the Grand Prix! Tim Catalfo was working with him. When we met Mark, Tim was telling us all how Mark was going to win the whole thing. We all thought we knew that Kerr would win, haha, little did WE know!

Lots of others here:

frankiscool - 
FatBuddha - It's Cam!

Haha, yeah, that was at that Holiday Fight Party when Coleman was down getting ready for the Grand Prix! Tim Catalfo was working with him. When we met Mark, Tim was telling us all how Mark was going to win the whole thing. We all thought we knew that Kerr would win, haha, little did WE know!

Wow, great memories!

Obake! That’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.

Yeah, I almost bumped into him and was like oh shit that’s Mark Coleman lol. He was walking around looking intense as hell like he might kill somebody if I remember correctly lol.

Awesome time to be a fan of the sport. Miss those days!

frankiscool - Lots of others here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/fightaholicmma/videos

fightaholic is cool. Tom Nguyen (who had a number of fights) runs it. he’s a good dude…used to train with him. the funniest part to me is watching the really old fights and trying to figure out the rule set. ok is that pancrase? straight grappling? nhb? no striking on the ground?

Haha.  My ass kicking is on there.

Nice Frank.

TTT for Georgia MMA! 

DiscoNfrno - 

Haha.  My ass kicking is on there.

Nice Frank.

dude did you decide you were going to come out with a flying knee on a guy wearing a gi to the ring…and then decide to shut that idea down about halfway through? b/c that’s kind of what it looked like haha.

also…what belt was that guy at the time? he had an impressive record…only loss was to jeremy horn.

My plan was going to do a Pat Smith running front kick. Found out I was fighting a  Royce Gracie Jui Jitsu guy, and figured he'd shoot on me if he saw me running in so I was going to try and catch him with a knee instead. 

Must have been nerves, because it felt like a slow motion dream with no power.

He was a Blue Belt under Royce at the time, moved to purple shortly after, then Brown. Not sure if he ever got his Black.

DiscoNfrno - 

My plan was going to do a Pat Smith running front kick. Found out I was fighting a  Royce Gracie Jui Jitsu guy, and figured he'd shoot on me if he saw me running in so I was going to try and catch him with a knee instead. 

Must have been nerves, because it felt like a slow motion dream with no power.

He was a Blue Belt under Royce at the time, moved to purple shortly after, then Brown. Not sure if he ever got his Black.

thanks for the reply. although I just went back and watched it and it looked like the guy took a step back just as you were starting to launch an epic Jose Aldo knee and it gave you pause. I think we can all agree this was his fault for being a coward.

Wow. So many names of people I trained with back in the day. Bull Shaw, Dustin Rhodes, Jaral Bowman, Lizzie Miller (she hits like a dude), Jim Abrille, Steve Headden. 

The one and only head of the CSAC, Andy Foster is in a couple of those. His fights were always fun. 

Any of you at the deal ( maybe the first in Georgia ?) where a bunch of guys from Jacre,s fought ?

Final fight was Joe Pardue vs Obake / Tim ?

georgia was a mma mecca in the beginning.  so many tough guys.  

what's up frank!

Anyone know Eddie Camden from back in the day?

Or Steven Broughman?

I think one of the early ones was Submission Fighting Open or something…or Griffin Fighting Open

Also Pedro Villalobos v. some guy from Jacare…Pedro runs a thai gym now in Thailand

FatBuddha - Anyone know Eddie Camden from back in the day?

Or Steven Broughman?

I know eddie camden was legit!!