Some rare Igor fights (vids)

After subbing Igor with the infamous eye-in-the-chin move, Illoukhine had a "win" in an obvious and very quick work with a guy who trained with him, and had the same cornermen earlier in the tournament as Illoukhine had. This blatant bit of cheating got him into the final of the tournament which btw was Absolute Fighting 1, held in Russia around 1995.

The final between Illoukhine and the Gracie trained giant Ricardo Moraes is still one of my favourite fights ever. Because of the drama of how Illoukhine got there, it's easy to root for Moraes, and the big guy delivered a very satisfying ending to the whole event by handing a huge beatdown to Illoukhine in a fight lasting around fifteen minutes or so. The tournament as a whole is a great event to watch from start to finish - old style vale tudo rules, no rounds, no time limits - those were the days!!

I wish I had the hardware to get it online and share it with folks who haven't seen it, it's got very few fighters who could compete today but for sheer guts and glory and excitement it's hard to beat that tournament.

enjoyed some of those!

Fight with Lima- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8jcWqcyMLI

I completely forgot about that one. Jesus that was bullshit. The guy LOST and they send him back in. Gotta love the gracies and there rules

3t

VVV

LOL, there's that weird Russian mullet again. ^^ What is that ??!

Wow...he really fucked Lima up. This is exactly the reason that the Gracies stopped fighting when they did--when fighters like Igor came up, they knew they could not just get by with butt-flops. Also, why did the Gracies teach their fighters to keep their jab arm pole straight? Lima was made to look like an amatuer by a fighter who knew how to exploit early BJJ's pathetic standup.

Also-look how slim Igor is in these early fights---it just shows his natural weight and the extra weight that he put in to compete a HW in Pride.

Does anyone know exactly how much weight he gave away when he fought Coleman?

Also, exactly what did Lima do to think he got the win during the second stoppage? I love how he raises his hands and smiles for a second, and is disappointed to find out that they just want to check his broken nose. I'm sure Igor would have been happy to win for a third time if the magical Gracie rules could have fixed Lima's broken nose.

You've got to have a pretty big ego to think you just won a fight after you were already knocked out once, and THEN the same fighter breaks your nose after you get into the ring again.

Thanks for posting these fights.

Does anybody know what Igor is doing these days?

bla, bla, bla and if it wasn't for the Gracies you wouldn't even know Igor's name..........Gracies never stopped fighting BTW, just stopped dominating., but BJJ lives on in MMA in the form of BTT, ATT, Gracie Barra, etc......Get a clue bro. Your hate is weak.