Someone bought me a blue, so Iam paying it forward

Whoever bought me a blue, thank you! I am basically a glorified lurker who chimes in once in a while about my beloved Detroit Lions, Tigers, and Red Wings. I also have posted significantly about my love for eyes, as I am an ophthalmic tech who's been heavily involved in PRK and Lasik the past several years. That being said, with the holidays approaching, I'll be giving back to an OGer somehow very soon in the form of a little something to make the holidays easier. I don't know who it will be yet, but I am sure I will find him or her on here soon. This is a great community. 

When's my blowjob start. Are we gonna tandem or are you blowin me first? Either way im good.

Go check out the cancer sucks thread. Theres a few people on there that deserve something nice done for them. Phone Post 3.0

VU cool stuff.

And is your last name Dudley?

Drugs_Delaney - When's my blowjob start. Are we gonna tandem or are you blowin me first? Either way im good.

I guess I'll set the pace. 

The Noose - Go check out the cancer sucks thread. Theres a few people on there that deserve something nice done for them. Phone Post 3.0

Great idea, thanks. 

Drugs_Delaney - And is your last name Dudley?

Nope, but I was a big fan back in the Attitude Era. 

detroitdevon - 
The Noose - Go check out the cancer sucks thread. Theres a few people on there that deserve something nice done for them. Phone Post 3.0

Great idea, thanks. 

Well I guess I'm out.

BeatonHauff - Enjoy the perks of being a blue. There's so many less trolls, and more genuinely good people on the og compared to the ug. Phone Post 3.0

My two favorite perks of being a blue are being able to drop +3 VU's on people (petty, I know) and the After Dark Forum. 

VU. What does Lasik usually cost and what are the common complications? I live in the Rochester area. I never take my contacts out so I figure I'm probably better of getting the surgery before I go blind. Phone Post 3.0

detroitdevon -

Whoever bought me a blue, thank you! I am basically a glorified lurker who chimes in once in a while about my beloved Detroit Lions, Tigers, and Red Wings. I also have posted significantly about my love for eyes, as I am an ophthalmic tech who's been heavily involved in PRK and Lasik the past several years. That being said, with the holidays approaching, I'll be giving back to an OGer somehow very soon in the form of a little something to make the holidays easier. I don't know who it will be yet, but I am sure I will find him or her on here soon. This is a great community. 

Hey dude. I'd love to know more about laser eye surgery to be honest. I hate my glasses Phone Post 3.0

detroitdevon -
BeatonHauff - Enjoy the perks of being a blue. There's so many less trolls, and more genuinely good people on the og compared to the ug. Phone Post 3.0

My two favorite perks of being a blue are being able to drop +3 VU's on people (petty, I know) and the After Dark Forum. 

Yeah, that'd be mine as well. One VU a day blows...

The cancer thread idea was a GREAT one. Phone Post 3.0

Cool.

xchrisbx24 - VU. What does Lasik usually cost and what are the common complications? I live in the Rochester area. I never take my contacts out so I figure I'm probably better of getting the surgery before I go blind. Phone Post 3.0

Price varies, between $1000 to $5000 total in most areas in the U.S. for both eyes. I am not sure about Rochester. Prices for refractive surgery tend to go down near the holidays, since many people are spending money on gifts for their family and not fixing their vision. 

Some complications from Lasik is the initial halo effect due to the flap creation can be bothersome for some, it tends to be the worst at night due to the pupil slightly dilating. That effect tends to wear off around a month or so in most patients, but everybody is different. Another common complication from Lasik I would say is something called micro striae being found underneath a flap at the one day post op. The patient would have to have the flap manually re-lifted and re-floated, oftentimes back in the operating room or laser suite the same day. Happens to about one in fifty patients my center treats. The last complication I can think of  off the top of my head with Lasik is the chance of the flap coming loose due to trauma, but as time goes by, the flap gets tougher, and your chance of it coming apart from a trauma gets lower. 

Another thing to remember is not everyone is eligible for Lasik, but many who aren't eligible for Lasik are eligible for PRK for many reasons that would be a whole lot of FRAT. 

You will still need reading glasses once you hit around age 40 and beyond, no getting around that, at least for now, technology is constantly evolving. 

If you are serious about going in for a consult, I could do a little research on your area and recommend a good surgeon for you based on price, experience, health grades etc. I would consider being out of your contacts for at least a couple weeks before you go in for your consult/preop appointment because contacts can slightly change the shape of your cornea, and you want the most accurate measurements possible when you go under the laser. 

Good for you VTFU! Phone Post 3.0

Not sure if you despise me or not

But I need one to post my gifs and pics and You tube music videos.

Got 40,000 in hospital bills staring me down right now(emergency appendectomy) so I just can't throw another 30 on the credit card until I see how much my recently acquired health insurance will cover.

have a good holiday

fuck it, just read the other posts.

Cancer guys need it more than me, saw plenty of that in the hospital.

I feel fine now. Just broke as a Joke.

buy me a blue and I will post pictures of your GF...

sounds legit :)

detroitdevon -
xchrisbx24 - VU. What does Lasik usually cost and what are the common complications? I live in the Rochester area. I never take my contacts out so I figure I'm probably better of getting the surgery before I go blind. Phone Post 3.0

Price varies, between $1000 to $5000 total in most areas in the U.S. for both eyes. I am not sure about Rochester. Prices for refractive surgery tend to go down near the holidays, since many people are spending money on gifts for their family and not fixing their vision. 

Some complications from Lasik is the initial halo effect due to the flap creation can be bothersome for some, it tends to be the worst at night due to the pupil slightly dilating. That effect tends to wear off around a month or so in most patients, but everybody is different. Another common complication from Lasik I would say is something called micro striae being found underneath a flap at the one day post op. The patient would have to have the flap manually re-lifted and re-floated, oftentimes back in the operating room or laser suite the same day. Happens to about one in fifty patients my center treats. The last complication I can think of  off the top of my head with Lasik is the chance of the flap coming loose due to trauma, but as time goes by, the flap gets tougher, and your chance of it coming apart from a trauma gets lower. 

Another thing to remember is not everyone is eligible for Lasik, but many who aren't eligible for Lasik are eligible for PRK for many reasons that would be a whole lot of FRAT. 

You will still need reading glasses once you hit around age 40 and beyond, no getting around that, at least for now, technology is constantly evolving. 

If you are serious about going in for a consult, I could do a little research on your area and recommend a good surgeon for you based on price, experience, health grades etc. I would consider being out of your contacts for at least a couple weeks before you go in for your consult/preop appointment because contacts can slightly change the shape of your cornea, and you want the most accurate measurements possible when you go under the laser. 

Thanks man! That is way more info than I expected! I was planning on hopefully getting lasik next summer. I am serious about it, it's just one of those things where I just get intimidated because I know next to nothing about it and I'm afraid of fucking up my eyes. Plus, I don't even know where to begin with research. Phone Post 3.0