Son Had An Awesome Day Yesterday

Yesterday was my oldest son's 6th Birthday.  My parents came to town to celebrate and we decided to throw him a party and not tell him about it.  At 9 am, we get a boucy house with water slide delivered and break the news to him.  He is so pumped.  Once it is set up, him and his little brother get out a start jumping like madmen.  Then something unplanned and super awesome happened.  Backstory, my son is obsessed with lambo's right now.  He thinks they are the coolest car in the world and keeps telling me I need to buy one.  Let's not worry about a lambo costing double what my house did.  So the boys are jumping in the bouncy house and I am cooking in the house.  I look out the window and I see a Ferari.  I live in rural Indiana.  This is not a normal sight.  Then another comes by and another.  I run out side and get the kids attention and say "look a lambo" and he gets so exited.   Turns out some car club was out on a cruise and decided my road was a good one.  There were at least 20 super cars in the group.  My son was stoked.  He got a parade of super cars for his birthday.  Being a good dad like I am, I told him I set it up for him.  Fast forward to later that night after we had a ton of kids and friends over.  My son comes up to me and says "dad, this was the best day of my life."  

I usually feel like a moron and wonder who in their right mind would let me have kids, but today, I nailed it.

48 Likes

Those are memories that will stick with both of you your whole lives. 

1 Like

It’s a great feeling when they say stuff like that! 

Hell yeah, D

So you lied to him!?

just kidding. Thats awesome you did that.

1 Like

Nice!

Wow, talk about white privilege. Why not take your son to a BLM protest instead? Teach him how to make a molotov cocktail.

Fathead D -

Yesterday was my oldest son's 6th Birthday.  My parents came to town to celebrate and we decided to throw him a party and not tell him about it.  At 9 am, we get a boucy house with water slide delivered and break the news to him.  He is so pumped.  Once it is set up, him and his little brother get out a start jumping like madmen.  Then something unplanned and super awesome happened.  Backstory, my son is obsessed with lambo's right now.  He thinks they are the coolest car in the world and keeps telling me I need to buy one.  Let's not worry about a lambo costing double what my house did.  So the boys are jumping in the bouncy house and I am cooking in the house.  I look out the window and I see a Ferari.  I live in rural Indiana.  This is not a normal sight.  Then another comes by and another.  I run out side and get the kids attention and say "look a lambo" and he gets so exited.   Turns out some car club was out on a cruise and decided my road was a good one.  There were at least 20 super cars in the group.  My son was stoked.  He got a parade of super cars for his birthday.  Being a good dad like I am, I told him I set it up for him.  Fast forward to later that night after we had a ton of kids and friends over.  My son comes up to me and says "dad, this was the best day of my life."  

I usually feel like a moron and wonder who in their right mind would let me have kids, but today, I nailed it.

Maybe that needs to be the first and last OG post I read today. That warmed my heart, OP. You were already Superman in little man's eyes, but even that just went to another level. I'm glad your family, but especially your little man and you, had that experience. He'll be telling your grandkids about that one day. 

Hey, I have a son that age, my house cost about half as much as a lambo, and I'm from rural indiana! Are you my alt acct? 

Congrats on a great day and happy bday to your boy. Sounds like a great day. Happy for you both. 

Props pops!

Kirik Jr -

Hey, I have a son that age, my house cost about half as much as a lambo, and I'm from rural indiana! Are you my alt acct? 

Congrats on a great day and happy bday to your boy. Sounds like a great day. Happy for you both. 

Depends.. i am in the southern part.

I'm not crying, you are!

1 Like

Covid. Stay home. Wear a mask. ya did good today sir 

I think it’s cool they are called bouncy houses in the US. In the UK they are called bouncy castles. That’s history for ya!

sounds like a great party, fate smiled on you!

1 Like

Lying to our children about our accomplishments. A tale as old as time.

Cool stuff happy 6th bday!

Fathead D -
Kirik Jr -

I'm in the middle.  About 90 minutes north of Evansville 

Fathead D -

It’s awesome you realize how important and meaningful this day was. Keep up being a great dad, you wont be perfect but no one is. It is sooo important to be present and involved. As long as you love your kids and make genuine attempts to show it with actions you are doing it right. Best OG story in a while. Congratulations OP! 
ps my kid is going to be 6 soon !

Kirik Jr -
Fathead D -
Kirik Jr -

I'm in the middle.  About 90 minutes north of Evansville 

Are You the OGer who lives in Shoals?