Son of David has Ark in Temple

I think the typology to Jesus is incredible here:

(thread should say ark in the Tent, not temple...sorry-althought the type applies in the Temple as well).

1Ch 16:1 So they brought the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it: and they offered burnt sacrifices and peace offerings before God.

Jesus, the Son of David has set the ark of God (the very presence of the Living God) in "the tent" that the Son of David has pitched. What is the "tent"? It is the dwelling place for the Ark of God. The "tent" that the Son of David "pitched" is His body, or flesh.

The Son of David then offerend burnt sacrifices and peace offerings to God (on the cross).

1Ch 16:2 And when David had made an end of offering the burnt offerings and the peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD.

Jesus the Son of David then blesses the people...

1Ch 16:3 And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon [of wine].

He then gives to all men and women a loaf of bread (His Word), a good piece of flesh (His body) and a flagon of wine (His Spirit).

The Son of David is seen here is type, as Messiah and King, bringing the Ark to His tent, before the people, offering up sacrifices and giving to all His word, His body, His Spirit!

Rejoice!

that is very Hebrews-esque and interesting. I have wondered why Jesus is called the son of David, yet implies he is not, when he quotes David 'the Lord said to my Lord'.......

do you have any explaination for that? it seems to be a real paradox.

also -

Luke 3

23Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,

"so it was THOUGHT?"

Son of God, Son of David, Son of Man, Son of Joseph, Son of Mary...His title or role as "son" is a direct reference to His humanity. He was begotten as are men.

I just thought it interesting that Jesus seems to deny he is the son of David

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/jesus_dad.html

You mean Joseph?

I mean David -

"How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David? For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool. David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son?"

the baptism episode was hilarious!!!

josh please curb your enthusiasm

Blud, how ya been my friend? Long time no talk to.

Josh, don't get what you mean?

bevhil: "How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David? For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool. David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son?"

me: Beverly, I'm not sure how you are concluding that he's denying that he's the Son of David. He's asking them, how is it that he is the Son of David? In what manner? Why and how? Especially in light of the fact that David called Messiah (his descendent) Lord. How is it that messiah can be both Lord (Divine) and Son of David?

The answer that the scribes did not provide is because Messiah will be both man (Son of David) and God (Lord).