Songs Your Parents Liked That You Do Now

Not unlike a lot of people, I grew up in a very musical household. I didn't always like a lot of it, but now that I'm older (30) I really dig some of that stuff that moms used to rock while cleaning, or the shit my dad used to blast while we were in his Jeep with the top off, no doors, doing 60 on a back road.

Anyone else find themselves digging on some of the stuff their parents listened to?

Post some stuff.

Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam - Peace Train LIVE from Ramzii on Vimeo.

Cat Stevens- Peace Train

Neil Young - Heart of Gold from crisol de músicas on Vimeo.

Neil Young- Heart of Gold

Fleetwood Mac Phone Post

Too many to list.

I've been a classic rock fan since high school.

Neil Diamond

Allman Brothers - Whipping Post from Steve on Vimeo.

Allman Brothers Band, of course

Whipping Post

My dad has the original one of these. Too bad that bitch is a medium--and a 70s medium at that.

I'm 26 and have the same taste in music as my dad. All the good stuff from the 60s and 70s. So glad he got me into good music, and playing guitar. Brainwash your kids early I say! You don't want them listening to the garbage on the radio. Phone Post 3.0

KidPittsburgh -

Neil Young - Heart of Gold from crisol de músicas on Vimeo.

Neil Young- Heart of Gold

Neil young is probably my biggest idol musically. Phone Post 3.0

Chris Weidened My Sphincter - I'm 26 and have the same taste in music as my dad. All the good stuff from the 60s and 70s. So glad he got me into good music, and playing guitar. Brainwash your kids early I say! You don't want them listening to the garbage on the radio. Phone Post 3.0

Nah, you gotta let your kids get into their own stuff. The cream rises to the top. My daughter loves shit music, but we bond on Danzig and Band of Horses.

Sub for later. Creedence Clearwater revival, queen, acdc, def leopard, Metallica, and you have to throw in Michael Jackson and just maybe prince Phone Post 3.0

Lynyrd skynyrd for sure too Phone Post 3.0

Beatles, 60's rock, and a lot of Motown. I didn't care for it back then, but now I love that shit. Phone Post 3.0

KidPittsburgh - 
Chris Weidened My Sphincter - I'm 26 and have the same taste in music as my dad. All the good stuff from the 60s and 70s. So glad he got me into good music, and playing guitar. Brainwash your kids early I say! You don't want them listening to the garbage on the radio. Phone Post 3.0

Nah, you gotta let your kids get into their own stuff. The cream rises to the top. My daughter loves shit music, but we bond on Danzig and Band of Horses.

This.

My daughter has varied tastes now, ranging from awful shit like One Direction to head banging stuff like Rob Zombie.

papasmurf24 - Juan Luis Guerra, Hector Lavoe, Eddie Palmieri, Tito Puente, Celia Cruz, Ray Baretto, the rat pack

It's easy for me because my parents listened to good music. Phone Post 3.0

I love Tito Puente :)

Some of my fondest childhood memories are cruising with my dad in his truck as he sang along to bad company, toto, hendrix, ccr etc

Paul rogers is the greatest voice in rock history. I cherish the moments where I'd try an sing along to him with my pop Phone Post

Nazareth! Phone Post

Juggernautt - 

Some of my fondest childhood memories are cruising with my dad in his truck as he sang along to bad company, toto, hendrix, ccr etc

Paul rogers is the greatest voice in rock history. I cherish the moments where I'd try an sing along to him with my pop Phone Post

I can relate, bro. Wish I had a truck now.

Ttt Phone Post