Sonnen accepts responsibility for test failure

gokudamus -
FETT_the geek - 
gokudamus -
FETT_the geek - He fights it and says it was an accident - The UG gets all up in a tizzy.

He accepts responsibility - The UG gets all up in a tizzy. Phone Post 3.0
And where does he actually accept responsibility. Phone Post 3.0
The part where he say "I accept responsibility for my actions". Phone Post 3.0

Where are you quoting from exactly
I'm getting it from the op. Granted that was a quote from his lawyer and not him. Phone Post 3.0

FETT_the geek - 
gokudamus -
FETT_the geek - 
gokudamus -
FETT_the geek - He fights it and says it was an accident - The UG gets all up in a tizzy.

I'm getting it from the op. Granted that was a quote from his lawyer and not him. Phone Post 3.0

exactly...and he even says he accepts responsibility for his actions, which is a stupid fucking statement...who doesnt accept responsibility for his own actions..he doesnt say hes sorry, or that he takes responsibility for cheating or that what he did was wrong.

jasonhightower -

LOL, I like Chael, but he clearly is an opportunist. Had he not been caught he wouldn't have come clean.

You have to set your fandom aside and look at this objectively. Phone Post 3.0
I'm honestly not picking a side here. My comment was solely trying to point out how difficult it can be to "win" in the public eye.

This holds true for politicians, athletes, celebrities.

For every decision/choice made there will be those who agree and those who don't. It's a tough situation.

Personally I'd love to see Chael make a public statement saying "this is what I did, I did it to get an advantage" but I know that won't happen. It's not the smart thing to do for his future career. Phone Post 3.0

gokudamus -
FETT_the geek - 
gokudamus -
FETT_the geek - 
gokudamus -

exactly...and he even says he accepts responsibility for his actions, which is a stupid fucking statement...who doesnt accept responsibility for his own actions..he doesnt say hes sorry, or that he takes responsibility for cheating or that what he did was wrong.
Fair enough. Phone Post 3.0

jasonhightower - 
Soup and Beer -
orcus - 
Soup and Beer - 

No defense for Chael.  But it says a lot more about a person who comes forward and admits guilt than flees from the drug test then hires a lawyer to give out some bullshit excuse.  I like Wanderlei, but they need to make the same example out of him that they made of Chael.  When you flee from a drug test they have to assume you are on every banned substance on the list.

When did he come forward?

When did he admit he was cheating?

I guess it depends on your definition.  If he is taking responsibility for the failed drug tests, that is saying (to me) that he is not claiming it was from a mysterious doctor that no one can locate or that someone in your camp gave it to you and you didn't know what it was.

Comparing him to another cheat doesn't minimize what he's done to cheat. Phone Post 3.0

Oh I agree, and fuck 'im.  He was part of the problem but he's gone now.  Retired, finished.  And with a hefty fine to make sure he never returns.  My point is they should fine Wanderlei 250K as well.  For all the NSAC knows, Silva was taking every banned substance on the list.  Fleeing from a drug test should carry the biggest penalty they can give. 

If Silva doesn't get fined at least 250K like Sonnen and just gets a year off instead, then that sends a clear signal to the rest of the fighters.  If you are using and they show up for a surprise drug test, then just run.  The punishment will be far less than if you take the test.

I just don't understand why this is at the top of the front page... What is Chael going to do? Not accept responsibility? Is he going to deny 2 failed drug tests? No.

This isn't news.

It would be news if he didn't accept responsibility.

MachidaDrinksWeidmansPee - I just don't understand why this is at the top of the front page... What is Chael going to do? Not accept responsibility? Is he going to deny 2 failed drug tests? No.

This isn't news.

It would be news if he didn't accept responsibility.
More often than not, a fighter will make some lame excuse like it was supplements, it was something their doctor gave them, it was something they took unknowingly from a team mate, etc. etc. There invariably is always an implausible lie told to explain the failed drug test. I guess this is news because it's rare that a fighter doesn't blame someone else for their failed drug test. Phone Post 3.0