MMA Underground Forums

Sonnen-Silva rematch would be in Brazil (Tor. Sun)

According to the Toronto Sun, Dana White confirmed that a Sonnen-Silva rematch would take place in a SOCCER STADIUM IN BRAZIL if Sonnen comes out victorious from his match with Mark Munoz.

Way to cheer Sonnen on, ah?

MMA

Sonnen-Silva rematch would be in Brazil

BY NEIL SPRINGER ,QMI AGENCY

FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 11, 2012 11:32 PM EST

TORONTO -

If Chael Sonnen beats Mark Munoz at UFC on Fox 2 in Chicago Jan. 28, his next fight could be deep in enemy territory.

UFC president Dana White confirmed that if Sonnen earns a rematch with middleweight champion Anderson Silva, the bout will likely take place in Silva’s home country.

read more at:

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/01/11/sonnen-silva-rematch-would-be-in-brazil 

edit: it comes out red, sorry about that

They love Chael in Brazil. It will be like a welcome home party to him....home away from home.

ttt

Well atleast Chael would get his steak extra rare.

too bad it aint gonna happen.

The ufc better pray that Silva wins, otherwise they best have the plane ready to go!

kungfugrip - The ufc better pray that Silva wins, otherwise they best have the plane ready to go!

The plane? Fuck, they are doing it in an open stadium so they can have a chopper with a ladder right above the cage!!! :-)

PTM2020 -  too bad it aint gonna happen.

^^I doubt Chael can even get his leg up that high.

Mark was in the wrong weight class and suffered a concussion in training a week out from the fight.  Nice kick by Hamil but Chael doesn't have that kind of power.

PTM2020 -  ^^I doubt Chael can even get his leg up that high.

Mark was in the wrong weight class and suffered a concussion in training a week out from the fight.  Nice kick by Hamil but Chael doesn't have that kind of power.

Chael has done head kicks like that if you watch his past fights.

I think he doesn't do it now because as he stated in a recent MMA Live segment (?) kicks are generally not nearly as useful as good old boxing. He's learned that head kicks are high risk, generally low reward.

Chael will be fine - he just needs to get to and from the ring in one of these:

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/imgs/hmmwv-m1114uah_3.jpg

ttt