Sonnen's new oppoent is Horn

Chael Sonnen said on mmaweeklyradio right now that his new opponent is Jeremy Horn.

Horn by nasty elbow again.

Horn by nasty elbow again.

Didn't they just fight like 2 months ago??

Do they think the result is going to change this time???

Horn will dominate AGAIN.

the fight was stoped because of a cut within two mins. I do not think we can clearly say that Sonnen was dominated. He did not get knocked out, quit, or loose by decision. I am just saying that this match is going to be much closer than people are saying.

horn by KO or sub in under five minutes

Oracle I was at the fight and Horn dominated him!

bkdrgee how long did it last? It is my understanding that it was even when they were on there feet. Horn took him down and gave him a quick elbow that cut him. then the fight was stopped. I have seen Sonnen beat Babalu, Lambert, Moore. I think he is an underated fighter.

hollywood blonde, I wrestled sonnen in college. He did beat babalu in orange county. Sonnen won by split decision.

www.sportfight.tv

Sportfight Reno Complete Card!

LHW -- Jeremy Horn V Chael Sonnen (Just added/ Main Event)
WW -- Brody Farber V Sean Sherk (Co-Main Event)
MW -- Mike Seal V Dennis Hallman
HW -- Jeromy Freitag V Santino Genaro
WW -- Adam Torres V Tony Sanza
LHW -- Billy Miles V Matt Horwich
FW -- Brandon Shuey V Antonio Banuelos

Sportfight: Battleground in Reno September 23!

The Ultimate Evolution of One on One Combat™ is taking the show on the road! Sportfight Reno: Battleground is set to explode onto the Reno scene on September 23, with a night of world-class no holds barred action. Sportfight matchmaker Alexander Oxendine has been sending smoke signals across the nation as he scours the country for the best talent available, and the card is shaping up as one of the hottest of the year! Battleground is set to feature some of the biggest names in mma, such as Sean Sherk, Dennis “Superman” Hallman, Chael Sonnen, and Matt Horwich! The show will be held at the Reno Hilton Outdoor Amphitheater, and will coincide with the huge Street Vibrations motorcycle festival, billed as the “Hottest Show on Two Wheels.” Tickets are on Sale at the Reno Hilton Theatre Box Office at (775) 789-2285 or (800) 648-3568, or any Ticketmaster outlet.

In the main event, UFC and Bushido veteran Sean Sherk is facing Rage in the Cage champion Brody Farber. Sherk has been unstoppable since losing a tough decision to UFC champ Matt Hughes, and has already won five fights this year! Brody Farber is expected to give Sherk a run for his money- he has strong wrestling skills and it should be an interesting match-up of strengths.

Team Quest’s Chael Sonnen is looking to get back on the winning track after a loss to Jeremy Horn and a tough decision loss in Pancrase. Sonnen is known as one of Team Quest’s most gifted athletes, and has a strong wrestling background. His opponent, Edwin Aguilar, has a misleading record. At 3-3, Aguilar has fought some very tough opponents in Mexio and the AFC, and should be a tough fight for Sonnen.

Portland fan favorite “El Suave” Matt Horwich is making the trip to Reno, and is facing undefeated Gladiator’s Challenge veteran Billy Miles. Horwich is a crowd pleaser for his iron chin and tremendous heart. He has faced the hardest hitters in the Northwest, taken their best shots, and tapped them out. Reno fans can look forward to an excellent fight as Miles seeks to continue his winning ways!

Also making the trip from the Northwest is UFC veteran Dennis “Superman” Hallman. Hallman is fighting at middleweight, which is said to be his preferred weight class these days. Hallman is putting it on the line against Mike “Crazy Boy” Seals, from Ensenada, Mexico.

Also on the card: RJ Gamez vs. Victory Athletics bruiser “Bad” Brad Blackburn, Jeremy Freitag vs. Santino Genaro, and a featherweight firefight between Antonio Banuelos and Eddy Sanchez. Sportfight matchmaker Alexander Oxendine is on the warpath right now looking for an opponent to fight Colorado BJJ sensation Jay Jack at 170. Either way, fans can expect a great night of fights as Sportfight explodes onto the Reno scene in its first event outside Oregon!

"the fight was stoped because of a cut within two mins. I do not think we can clearly say that Sonnen was dominated. He did not get knocked out, quit, or loose by decision. I am just saying that this match is going to be much closer than people are saying"

I have this event on tape.Horn dominated him from start to finish

great card!

I was a judge for the Horn/Sonnen fight. When Horn hit him with the elbow it sounded like a hammer hitting the side of a house. You could tell the crowd was thinking "HOLY SHIT". Then Jeremy looked at him like "Are you ok?" The fight was stopped because of the cut, and Sonnen was bleeding profusely. Horn and Sonnen are both very gifted athletes, and it appeared that both have solid stand-up and ground games.

ttt

i saw the first fight and while Horn controlled most of the fight, imo he didnt dominate.

Hopefully this fight will be different.

I had a fight stoped 'cause I was cut, not hurt, just cut. The guy may have won anyway, or so may I have, no one will ever know on that one. I think I was just getting warmed up and figuring him out. He probable thinks he was kicking my ass. A cut is just part of the rules like descisions. Not real, just a necassary component in a sport.

You can have all that 2 cents worth for free!

"i saw the first fight and while Horn controlled most of the fight, imo he didnt dominate."

You were obviously in Chael's corner! ;) How can you say that Horn did NOT dominate that fight?????? Seriously...

"Hopefully this fight will be different."

Thankfully, it wasn't! ;)

In the standup Sonnon threw 3 high kicks all blocked with ease. Then Horn hit Sonnen with a crazy reverse type elbow then picked him up and slamed him, the he finished him with a nasty elbow, I have a great pic of the cut. Halverson what is your email adress I will send it to you so you can post it.

Brad