Sopranos Prequel Trailer: "The Many Saints of Newark"

Dickie Multisanti (Christopher’s Father) is one of the main figures in the Many Saints of Newark. He was never in the series but this discusses and shows clips of times he’s talked about and mentioned. Helps fill in his back story. I found it pretty cool but I can see revisiting the dialogue potentially spoiling some events in new movie.

1 Like

Then quit. Season 1 is generally considered the second best season, the show isn’t for you as you are a fanook.

3 Likes

Great Job Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Fuck really? Thanks man.

Manson lamps, lol.

Season 1 is strange compared to the rest of the series… Season 1 is setting the table and 2 it really starts for me…

2 Likes

YeH, but if that opening scene with Christopher’s Lexus running that degenerate gambler down doesn’t get someone interested then they’re probably not going to like the whole show.

2 Likes

Yeah Richie was great. Actor playing him kinda reminded me of a dollar store al pacino. lol

Everyone that tried to mentor Jackie, Jr got murdered. Chris, Richie, Ralph, Tony.

In the rolling stone interview I linked chase says that events that were referenced in the series were not necessarily accurate with how they actually play out in the movie.

He did this purposely in part to account for how time changes one’s memory or perception of what really happened.

3 Likes

I wonder if the kid with the cleft palate is going to make an appearance

My body is ready!

I hope they show the scene of Tony’s father putting a bullet through Olivia’s beehive hair!

2 Likes

I’m gonna lose it if uncle junior drops the line about Tony not having the makings of a varsity athlete.

Chase said he had to restrain himself with regards to the Easter eggs. Easy to see why there are so many opportunities!

3 Likes

I want to see, in a sequel, a young Jackie, Jr almost drown in three inches of water. At the penguin exhibit, in the zoo.

That is awesome and conceptually pretty brilliant. Great creative choice. I’ll have to watch that interview, I saved it to watch later.

1 Like

This probably references Chris’ idea of how his dad died, “carrying TV trays into the house, probably for him.” Seems like that will be a huge scene in this movie. Remember how Tony fluffed that idea up when he was having Christopher kill that retired detective? I imagine the scene may play out quite differently than we’ve heard so far.
Probably going to have a few scenes that are different than the stories about the good old days we heard told in Sopranos.

1 Like

I believe chase uses that specific example of dickie carrying the TV trays in the interview. I got the impression it relates to a few other things as well.

I’m sorry to keep pushing it but for die hard sopranos fans its a great watch.

1 Like

We are going to be going around and around till October 1st…

Watch it suck haha

2 Likes