South Dakota town votes 841 to 1,228 to ban MMA

it's too bad it ended this way but the people of the land have spoken. Phone Post

jjj2121 - 
ViciousCesar - I was kind of confused by the title. The way it's worded denotes that the people for the ban got 841 votes, while 1,228 votes were against the ban.

UG News is a moran.

It is because only a moran would write 'x votes 841 to 1,228 to ban y'.  A 6 year old may say it that way...but not an adult.

Actually the second number is just supposed to be a reference to the opposition's numbers. You put the numbers that coincide with the subject, in this case people who voted to ban mma, first.

ViciousCesar - 
jjj2121 - 
ViciousCesar - I was kind of confused by the title. The way it's worded denotes that the people for the ban got 841 votes, while 1,228 votes were against the ban.

UG News is a moran.

It is because only a moran would write 'x votes 841 to 1,228 to ban y'.  A 6 year old may say it that way...but not an adult.

Actually the second number is just supposed to be a reference to the opposition's numbers. You put the numbers that coincide with the subject, in this case people who voted to ban mma, first.

I understand what you are trying to say, it's still wrong.

The NY Post doesn't write "YANKEES LOSE 2-6".

Watertown will be just fine without MMA and vice-versa. The only people who will suffer as a result of this decision are local tattoo parlors and mohawk stylists.

jjj2121 - 
ViciousCesar - 
jjj2121 - 

UG News is a moran.

I understand what you are trying to say, it's still wrong.

The NY Post doesn't write "YANKEES LOSE 2-6".

Yes, in that case you are right. But in this case, I'm almost certain the order is wrong. Specially if we use your exact example, the new York times doesn't post "Yankees win 2-6 in Boston".

LosMuertos - Axemurdered, you're actually going to pick out a single letter typo? Holy shit that's petty. I'm typing with one finger on a phone. <br>Why don't you try and see the point instead of playing grammar and spelling police?

I think he's just giving you shit because you have a Mexican s/n. Don't mind him.

That's perfectly fine. The next town over should start holding MMA events, make lots of money for the city in ticket fees, and then build a better city hall. THAT will make them think twice!