South Korea: Trump Deserves Big Credit For Talks.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-northkorea-missiles/south-koreas-moon-says-trump-deserves-big-credit-for-north-korea-talks-idUKKBN1EZ095

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean President Moon Jae-in credited U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday for helping to spark the first inter-Korean talks in more than two years, and warned that Pyongyang would face stronger sanctions if provocations continued.

The talks were held on Tuesday on the South Korean side of the demilitarised zone, which has divided the two Koreas since 1953, after a prolonged period of tension on the Korean peninsula over the North’s missile and nuclear programmes.

North Korea ramped up its missile launches last year and also conducted its sixth and most powerful nuclear test, resulting in some of the strongest international sanctions yet.

The latest sanctions sought to drastically cut the North’s access to refined petroleum imports and earnings from workers abroad. Pyongyang called the steps an “act of war”.

“It could be a resulting work of the U.S.-led sanctions and pressure.”

I think most would agree with Trump's decisions regarding his NK sanctions and doubling down on the promise to penalize other countries that help them (mainly Russia/China whome Obama was lax on). 

What people, myself included, have cringed at are his faux-pas regarding him poking and getting into pissing contests with Un -- often incendiary or just inaccurate, embarassing things like his tweeting of the US' naval anti-air capabilities to knock any nukes out of the sky when none exist. Or his somewhat schizophrenic stances towards allies, such as tweeting insults to SK and Japan right before meetings with them regarding Korea.

And remember that Moon is a very diplomatic leader that campaigned on re-unification. Even in this article his rhetoric is so different from a fire and fury, "“If the North and South abandon external forces and cooperate together, we will be able to fully solve all problems to match our people’s needs and our joint prosperity,” it said."

Having said that, I agree that Trump's actions will be accelerating change, if only because everyone is now convinced NK-US relations may further deteriorate and NK may finally become a nuclear power. But I have a hard time believing Moon is truly content with Trump when he's currently pushing for a confrontation with the North while simultaneously pushing for Japan to fully and officially re-militarize. Although neither of those stances sound terrible to me and, honestly, I don't think offhand comments by Trump can be considered cannon. He's too off the cuff and unplanned.

In my opinion, any amount of flexibility that KJU shows is due to his inability to figure Trump out and his concerns that Trump may actually do something.

He had nothing to worry about when Obama would get down on his knees and gargle his balls.

I like what Trump is doing so far....even though it is dangerous to some degree, it's better than letting that fat little shit get his nukes and missiles targeted on US cities.

Trump got handed this almost impossible situation.  Let's see if strength achieves what weakness could not.

FlyinHawaiian -

In my opinion, any amount of flexibility that KJU shows is due to his inability to figure Trump out and his concerns that Trump may actually do something.

He had nothing to worry about when Obama would get down on his knees and gargle his balls.

I like what Trump is doing so far....even though it is dangerous to some degree, it's better than letting that fat little shit get his nukes and missiles targeted on US cities.

Trump got handed this almost impossible situation.  Let's see if strength achieves what weakness could not.

Obama was more than a Dove (other than drone strikes) and KJU knew he wouldn’t do shit. Now as you said, it’s a whole new game and It’s funny to see NK trying to behave. 

And yes people forget he tried to gain intel on GOP members regarding trump lol. 

TTT

MNKGA!!!!!

Leaders have far more respect for Trump then Obama. Here is an example of how China reacted to them both.

im not so sure NK is trying to "behave" but to placate the south until they can further develop their nuke/delivery program

Trump keeps breaking people 

MAGA

FlyinHawaiian -

Very true 

I think as the sanctions squeeze gets tighter even these wacko dictators realize having nukes won't keep your nation solvent. The key is to have them abondon the nuke push not just talk about it.

Soup and Beer -

Oh hey it's Patton Oswalt

Soup and Beer -

Lol