Sparring with Don Fry. Funny story.

I actually thought it was spelled with an "e" at the end of it, but I was too lazy to look it up after and just said "the hell with it".

ttt

i wouldnt describe frye as an asshole. the times ive seen him hes been cool. hes hilarious. but jesus that "training session" that day was over the top. who needs a referee just for a little friendly sparring?? apparently don frye thats who.

ttt

Frye is a bad mofo. Great highlight for Seth btw!

Santino DeFranco - Glad you enjoy. I have another Fry story while we were at the IFL that is as about as funny as it gets.

I will have to put that up some day.

That day has come. Tell it!

All in due time Posty Magee.

I will have a good Riggs story up later today for you and next I will give you the Frye story or maybe a Fickett treat.

Don Frye is one tough SOB.

4ltr

Santino DeFranco - As crazy as it sounds Don's actually not too much of an ass hole. He definitely has his ways about him though.

Having followed & been a fan of the guy his whole carreer I totally agree.

Don is just always in his character (a caricature of the American tough guy image) and usually "on". I think he's a good guy at heart and he loves & appeals to the average joe of countries around the world. In Japan he may be even more uniformly revered than in the US.

Fry is authentic as hell and I can't really imagine experiencing mma over the years without him being a part of the picture.

I will never forget him coming out just after 9/11 for his fight with the King of the Yellow Card. Very moving and very real. Too bad Yellow Card had to taint the entire evening with his deliberate and disgusting fouls.

Thanks again for the story Santino.

ttt

They should definately have Don Frye take up "mail call" on the military channel when R. Lee Ermey retires from TV.

Haha, that's awesome, Don's the man. Great story telling on your part as well :)

If anyone wants to check it out, I interviewed Miguel Torres and Kurt Pelligrino on my radio show yesterday.

You can listen to the full show here: www.santinodefranco.com

Enjoyed the Frye story. Will have to check out your radio show. Glad you health is good.

Cindy

for later

So was it a big joke or not?

oh man. great read. you can write.

thanks.

ttt for a great story!

Good Story, MAS POR FAVOR!!  Seth looks like tough dude, nice armbar escape, and subs.