Sparring with someone preparing for comp

If they have a comp in four days, I thought they'd be doing very light sparring, going over what their gameplan will be, making sure they're on weight; preparing for their comp.
IMO their comp training should be pretty much complete (the hard parts), and they'll be tapering off so they're 100% recovered.

If you're sparring someone you're much more skilled than, react based on how good their technique is. If they do a shitty bump then you keep mount. If they cover all the steps but you could counter it, let them get the reversal. If they try to armbar you by grabbing your wrist and yanking on it, stuff it, but if they set it up well then you let them have it, or at least work a hitch-hiker escape and see what happens next.

If they're the same level as you, I'd say go all out but don't do anything stupid to injure them. I found I've done the best when training with someone who's giving me intense opposition. Obviously still mix strategies up. If you've got a really good guard game, work that a couple times, but if you're consistently getting taps, try something else for a bit or experiment with your guard game rather than going your tried and true method.

Stooba - If they have a comp in four days, I thought they'd be doing very light sparring, going over what their gameplan will be, making sure they're on weight; preparing for their comp.
IMO their comp training should be pretty much complete (the hard parts), and they'll be tapering off so they're 100% recovered.

I would agree with that completely but apparently not everyone feels this way.