Spartan 13 - Fri April 1

So Kerry what you expect people to believe is that after announcing to the public at XFC6 center ring to a full house "King of the cage will be here on February 4" that they packed up their bags and decided to go to the RSL? What an interesting market strategy by KOTC, pure genius!

For once just be honest, you approached Sharks prior to XFC and KOTC moving on. The only reason both KOTC and XFC decided to move on as we had no desire to share a roof with you. We had dates booked on Feb 4 (KOTC) and April 8 (XFC), why on earht would we up and leave?

Justin

How come you cancelled KOTC from Sharks Justin, its not your show is it???

Keats did I type I cancelled it? if so error. Not mine to cancel.

Justin

The facts are and this can be checked with Sharks management by anyone who cares to take this further; that Spartan was in discussions with over 10 different possible venues.  We highlighted to Sharks that they were a good venue but we did not think we could use them if a competitor was already there.  It would be unethical but we wanted to measure them against all that we looked at.  Market research

We told all venues that we would not be making a decision until January.  I was recontacted on several occassions with offers made since the competitor had relocated their show.  Pure and simple, we actually had another venue pencilled in with a tentative booking.

All be it, it is the new location and we look forward to continuing to hold 1st class shows as we have for the last 12 Spartans, all on the Gold Coast.  Can anyone else boast the same time frame here on the coast or even Sth East Qld. 

It will be a great night for MMA fans in Australia.

My appoligise Justin, I miss read No6 on your post.
Sorry.

Spartan guys why do you always try to take this "we wouldn't go near another promoters venue, sponsor etc..." when your actions state otherwise?

I have NEVER approached the venue or sponsors of a rival promoter (MMA promoter) and had the common decency to speak to Ray MATSUMURA who promoted fights at Sharks and also Jamie MEYER. You remember Jamie the one you called demanding free tickets to Shannon TAYLORS title fight advising him you were the "new promoter at Royal Pines" - Did you get those tickets? I know he was OVER the moon to be told you were the new promoter in his venue.

I could go on with the stories of Kerry running around my show dropping cards on fighters, trainers, table holders and production staff while Cora/Rowy ran around trying to bag us to the promotional Staff (Boob Cruise).

How about a new years resolution of not treating people like idiots with the continual lies.

Justin

Hey you forgot to say you accept my appoligy. It took alot for me to say sorry ;)

Keats NP mate. How do you reckon this type of situation would pan out in Melbourne with a promoter poaching sponosrs etc of another promoter? Bodies in rivers?

Justin

Hey in Melb they just leave the bodies where they shot them these days, new age gangsters are getting so lazy ;)

I think this is a hard one for any of us to commemt on as when one person says one thing and the other person says the total opposite thing, what do you do.

Look i'm only new to this sport and what really shits me about this is you guys are so lucky to have 3 or 4 (maybe more) promoters in QLD that put shows on. We have one in Melb and its been awhile between shows.

To me if you all worked a little bit together and spread out shows you could all feed off each others promotions and all benifit, but then again that would work in a perfect world, and this is far from one of those.

I think there needs to be a smack talking forum so anyone who wants to talk smack can go to that instead of XFC, KOTC, Spartan, WR and KOTM threads with good news for the fans being high jacked and turned to shit, and yes Tank I know I have done it in the past.

And you need your own multiple personality forum Mr pwnitat0r

By the way, you seem to be a little jealous of the "special friendship" that Keats and I have devloped. Do you want someone special too ?

:-)

Keats, I just love seeing you point out how luck us Qld'ers are. It saves me having to say it...

Tank

PS: Sucked in !!

You wait Tank if this shit keeps up it might drive one or more of the promoters out of the state and then when they move themselves and their shows to Victoria I will have the last laugh ;)

Just thought about it, even if they did leave the state why the fuck would they come to vic after being on the gold coast???

We need Jeff Kennett back as Premier. He he was back in charge he would steel all the shows off you and probably even bring Kyms wrestling/MMA classes to Melb also.

Then SA wouldn't have the Grand Prix or any MMA ;)

"I think this is a hard one for any of us to commemt on as when one person says one thing and the other person says the total opposite thing, what do you do. "

I think Keats hit the nail on the head with this one, and without taking sides, i think because ppl often don't like what Justin has to say on here, he automatically cops the raw end of the stick sometimes.

It sounds to me that it may have been Sharks who were stuffing ppl around, feeling out Justin on another event @ the venue and not actually expecting he would take his business elsewhere (due to circumstances such as the aforementioned KOTC announcements). When he did they approached Kerry/Spartan knowing he needed a venue. Just my 2 cents.

Does this mean for KOTC the 'blue' corner will actually have a change room as opposed to a room full of stacked chairs and janitorial aids ??

Kym

"I am sure that dunlop volley would have no problems in sharing footlocker with nike"

Hey, lay of the Dunlops . They are a fine shoe. Basically a Nike without all the plastic crap and paid celebrity endorsements. Probably both made in the same asian sweatshop.

Have your promoter tiffs if you must, but dammit, never belittle a mans choice of shoes.

Sounds like you got stuck with the blue corner last time Kym ;)

"5: Sharks advised that the clubs rules could not allow him to knock back anyone"

Are you sure he just wasnt giving a line? It seems strange that a club has no choice over who uses its own venue.

Wish all women lived by the sharks rules ;)

It's all about the red corner ;)

Soutport RSL has much better change rooms that southport Sharks. So i guess it was a gain for XFC fighters and loss to Spartan? Were the Trocadero change rooms still the same low cieling live wire pipe fests after the last spartan? I remember them from spartan 6 or somthing.

people people people. lets not lose sight of the real issue of the day here...

...that my tatt is finished and that I now look tougher, cooler, and sexier than ever before! ngarko can eat my chad with cherries on top! :p