Specific Training

https://youtu.be/yuGubieFdsU

I've done this type of training before. We call it positioning training. It works....BUT the key is to stop and reset when you achieve (or don't achieve) your goal. If you don't stop and reset after achieve the your goal than you defeat the purpose of the drill. So alot depends on you sticking to your training goal and your partner not exceeding the parameters of the drill.  

positional drilling and sparring....reset to get reps. Add variable intenaity and peogresaive resistance.

So this mor ing for example, me and my partners drilled dripping and step-off or circle stepping to setup throws or leg stabs. We varied resistance and intensity to save wear&tear or to refine a specific aspect.

5his type of positional sparring is also extremely important when training around injuries and when I wasrecovering from surgeries. It is a good way to stay on 5he mat and maintain your mat-sense.

I find myself more and more doing positional sparring, most of my training sessions, and from positions I wouldn't normally start in or play.

Super useful and benefitial overall, but not as much fun lol

Sgt. Slaphead - 

positional drilling and sparring....reset to get reps. Add variable intenaity and peogresaive resistance.

So this mor ing for example, me and my partners drilled dripping and step-off or circle stepping to setup throws or leg stabs. We varied resistance and intensity to save wear&tear or to refine a specific aspect.

5his type of positional sparring is also extremely important when training around injuries and when I wasrecovering from surgeries. It is a good way to stay on 5he mat and maintain your mat-sense.

Yes sir! Good post!