Spencer Fisher vs. Josh Neer???

I do think Neer is for real but when it comes to Fisher, I know of only one guy that hits as hard
as he does (Jens). The guy is freaking nuts and is
motivated. Should be a great show. I hear tickets are
almost gone!

Can't argue with Jordan. He's been in there with both guys.

You're and idiot if you don't consider Neer the underdog. The only possible advantages Josh has is age and in ring\cage time. Spencer has the better training partners and trainers. Spencer has probably fought better opposition (I don't know it off hand).

However you shouldn't count Neer out. He has a very solid chin, good wrestling, and a decent ground game. I've never ever scored a clean takedown on him and I usually have 25lbs. on the guy, not that I'm a great wrestler.

What both guys need to realize is that it's a bad idea to give your opponent motivation to go to the gym. If anything you should let him know how injured or messed up you are and what a great guy you think he is.

"I'm probaly the only guy on here that has been in the ring with Josh"

i saw that fight too. it was pretty good. i do think josh won a very slight decision though. nothing against you joe, of course, it was a close fight.

as for the punching power, i couldnt say, i wasnt in the ring for that, and i dont know about the guy neer is fighting.

Danny,

"What both guys need to realize is that it's a bad idea to give your opponent motivation to go to the gym. If anything you should let him know how injured or messed up you are and what a great guy you think he is."

I am not sure what you mean by this, but apparently Neer has given Spencer a LOT of motivation by the things that he has said (claimed that Spencer wrote a disrespectful letter that Spencer tells me he never wrote (and is NOT in Spencer's nature), refers to him as "Chubby", etc.). I think Josh is cutting his own throat by making all of these disrespectful comments! Spencer is looking "UFC level" right now! I honestly would not want to be Neer next Saturday! I am looking forward to this fight and think it will be one hell of a grudge match!

So, Danny, are you picking Josh or Spencer? ;)

i am expecting a great fight, josh will be the underdog though. danny nailed it for the reasons he mentioned. i think if there is any bad blood, it probably stemmed from when mason was josh's manager. josh has since rid himself of mason, and i think josh doesnt really have any animosity towards spencer. i do know spencer is fired up for this fight and has been training his ass off. i also know that josh realizes that this fight is what will put his name on the map and fighting spencer is a great opportunity to proove that those 90 fights have merit. i am soooo looking forward to this fight.

"it probably stemmed from when mason was josh's manager"

I don't know the details on this "letter", but I suspect that it was either written by Chad, or it was told to Josh by Chad that Spencer "wrote" it. Therefore, I understand Josh being upset. However, Spencer doesn't need to hear the "truth" until after the fight is over! lol ;)

Your probably right about the letter being ghost written by someone else. Josh is convinced that he was refered to as a paper champion by Spencer in some letter. I don't really know the details of that. He's also convinced that he can handle Spencer's hands since a taller guy that Josh trains with boxed with Spencer and wasn't hurt.

As far as me making my pick goes, I don't really do that when I think it's an even match up. It would stupid for me to say that somebody will win for sure when I know that there is no way we can tell what's going to happen until those two guys are able to guage each others strengths and weeknesses in the ring. I stand by my statement that Spencer is the favorite. If I was a bookie I'd be giving him out 2 to 1 odds to win. I'll be routing for Josh.

Josh is a friend, and Spencer is one of my top ten favorite fighters. Don't really know how this one will go. Anything can happen in MMA. That's been proven time and time again.
Spencer trains at, in my opinion, the top facility in the world. I don't really know who Josh is training with for this one. I know that Josh has never faced someone of Spencers caliber, but I also think Josh will have to be beaten unconscious, or rep stopped- I think Josh will let a limb break, or risk getting choked out cold. Who knows???

Hopefully, all can share a beer when it's over! Best of luck to both.

Hopefully they can both buy me a bunch of beers when it's over.

"BZLJJ, Do you feel Spencer has progressed since his ICC fight?"

Progressed is an UNDERSTATEMENT! He is one of the most well-rounded fighters in our camp! He will be ready for the UFC soon. I am guessing that after he beats Neer and Jensen, he should be given a shot at the "big show"! I know that he is talking about making a move to 155, but he would be a threat at 170 OR 155!

"I thought he looked killer then, I can only imagine how far he has come since then?"

I am with you on this one! I can't wait to see this fight. He is coming into this fight VERY focused!

"BTW BZLJJ, get ready to fork over 50 on the Arlovski fight:)"

BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

*wonders how I am going to spend my $50*

"Hopefully, all can share a beer when it's over! Best of luck to both."

John, I agree, but we can't be friends until after the fight is over! You are the ENEMY for now! ;) lol j/k! The beer will be on Spencer (the winner) that night! ;)

Fisher by KO. Be very afraid...Chubby's got a 6 pack!!!!

ROFLMAO @ pbolger!

Shhhhhh...don't let the secret out! ;)

I will be friends with any one anytime if you are buying the beer! TTT for all the fighters for putting
it on the line next Sat.

"John, I agree, but we can't be friends until after the fight is over! You are the ENEMY for now! ;) lol j/k! The beer will be on Spencer (the winner) that night! ;)"

OK- but someone has to buy pizza, too! I hate freaking cutting weight, and I'll be ready for beer AND pizza!!!!!

Ditch...

But thank you anyway, bro! Are you going to VFC this weekend?

"OK- but someone has to buy pizza, too! I hate freaking cutting weight, and I'll be ready for beer AND pizza!!!!!"

Ok, the winner (Spencer) buys pizza, and the loser (Josh) buys beer!!! ;)

ttt

BZLJJ, I can't believe that call Fisher "Chubby". Danny had to point him out to me at the fights this past weekend in Marshalltown. Fisher looks like he has shed all the weight that he used to have in the VFC shows. Fisher has great hands and even better submissions. This should be a great fight I am glad that Victory J and the Jerome Brothers were able to put it together. Good luck to both guys.

Brett

P.s. John Jerome please stop sending me the naked pictures of yourself...for the last time I'm straight leave me alone.

Brett,

I agree, it should be a great fight. I hope it lives up to the hype! I know Spencer is planning on doing his part! :)

"John Jerome please stop sending me the naked pictures of yourself...for the last time I'm straight leave me alone."

Yeah, but John isn't! ;)

ttt