Spike Lee banned for life for racist comments

Or not...

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/spike-lee-gets-front-row-seat-sterling-ban-announcement Phone Post 3.0

hes a twat and he ruined OldBoy Phone Post 3.0

Ya see, racism doesn't work that way.... Phone Post 3.0

One is an owner, one is a fan.  I'm not sure what your point is, other than to see, "See! Someone else is bad!"  It's like the stupid "But Bush!" or "But Clinton!" arguments that people make.  Righting one wrong isn't a one-stop cure for all of society's ills, or in this case sports, and the presense of other wrongs doesn't absolve Sterling of his own.

A major asshole is being punished for being a major asshole under the rules of the organization he belongs. 

What were the comments?

Unfortunately not true Phone Post 3.0

Racism is racism all public figures should be held to the same standard period fuck organizations. Phone Post 3.0

BackOffWarchild - 

One is an owner, one is a fan.  I'm not sure what your point is, other than to see, "See! Someone else is bad!"  It's like the stupid "But Bush!" or "But Clinton!" arguments that people make.  Righting one wrong isn't a one-stop cure for all of society's ills, or in this case sports, and the presense of other wrongs doesn't absolve Sterling of his own.

A major asshole is being punished for being a major asshole under the rules of the organization he belongs. 

Well, I think the problem is Lee gets a front row seat at Silver's announcement of Sterling's banning today, when he has said shit more offenseive than Sterling (or at the very least similar). Yet the NBA gives him a front row seat at an exclusive press conference?  The NBA chose to reward that racist fuckface.

HardWorkPersonalAccountability - 
BackOffWarchild - 

yup

fans are held to different standards than owners

we all can agree that Spike Lee is a piece of shit though

if the Knicks decide to ban him for life, i wouldn't mind

Why is the NBA rewarding him with front row seats to a press conference?  I wasn't even aware that he's a member of the press.

Spike works for NBA radio which is run by the NBA.

Spike Lee publicly spews racist BS about white people and that is OK. Sterling has a PRIVATE conversation recorded and he got outed for being a moron. Sterling gets a lifetime ban and Lee is still on the radio spewing his racist, hatred.

The left/PC thought police have ZERO credibility.

By the way, isn't it funny how no one is talking about how Sterling is a Democrat?

GSDFan - Spike works for NBA radio which is run by the NBA.

Spike Lee publicly spews racist BS about white people and that is OK. Sterling has a PRIVATE conversation recorded and he got outed for being a moron. Sterling gets a lifetime ban and Lee is still on the radio spewing his racist, hatred.

The left/PC thought police have ZERO credibility.

By the way, isn't it funny how no one is talking about how Sterling is a Democrat?

I didn't know he does work for the NBA.  That makes it all the more hilarious.

"I give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortable when they see me on the street. Hand in hand and arm in arm. I just hope they'r eon in it for the sex mythology."

http://www.esquire.com/features/spike-lee-1092

White people need to start protesting and boycotting when they feel slighted. That would change the game very quickly. Phone Post 3.0

rufus - 

"I give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortable when they see me on the street. Hand in hand and arm in arm. I just hope they'r eon in it for the sex mythology."

http://www.esquire.com/features/spike-lee-1092

This makes me want to date a black girl just on the off chance that I see Spike Lee on the street and get a chance to kick that crybaby cunt inside out.

The Knicks don't give a shit.

They've had one of the leagues more well known thugs on their team for a while.

They cater to that shit.

Stop snitchin'. Phone Post 3.0

NakedCowboyOnMyRear - 
BackOffWarchild - 

+1

what makes it funnier is that all the inbreds who do the "but black people!" argument are the same slack jawd's who go off on the libs for doing the "but Bush!" arguments.

Hypocritical retards.

It has nothing to do with the positions of owners/fans, it has to do with liberal media bias.

This white old dude respectfully voicing his prejudices (in a private conversation) is the biggest news story in America right now. Nobody knew who this guy was last week. Spike Lee is a celebrity and has said terribly racist things TO the media for 20 years and nobody says shit.

Racist white people = on par with Hitler
Racist black people = acceptable

We're all generations removed from slavery and unless you were alive during or before the civil rights movement, you don't have a grasp on real racism. Spike Lee and the liberal media can shove this race baiting bullshit up their fucking asses.

Sterling is a dumb ass...

... But man do I hate Spike Lee. Phone Post 3.0

Isaac Bickerstaff -

Let's all be honest here for a minute.  None of this is about ending racism and getting people to judge others by the content of their character only.  It is about cultural Marxism, which teaches that inequality is in the marrow of how an entire culture is constructed so the entire culture has to be destroyed to end the oppression.   In this view of things the victims can never be racist or sexist or homophobic because they have no power.  This is why no black person is going to get punished for saying racist things.  

This is exactly what Fraser preacher for years. I hope you did not teach him this. Phone Post 3.0

So Lee works for the NBA, but is allowed to say these things? Phone Post 3.0

LOL, I love seeing the OG Stormfront and conserviderps losing their minds here. "Cultural Marxism" LMFAO. That is just conserviderp speak for "privilege"

The reason Spike Lee isn't/wasn't fired for alleged racist comments (I say alleged because I have not heard them) is for a couple of reasons:

1. Power/influence level of the person making the comment. Sterling is an owner & as one legally bound by the NBA Constitution. As an owner Sterling is a member of the NBA (not an employee)and employs people/has financial control over their lives and can easily retaliate or negatively effect his employees lives, Spike Lee cannot. To my knowledge, Lee is not a member but an employee of the NBA, and as such has a different set of rules/code of conduct he is beholden to.

2. White people getting upset at a black man making "racist" comments. This is just laughable. When your people have been brutalized and marginalized for over 400 years and still have to deal daily with institutional/systemic racism then maybe this would actually be a thing. The famous racist joke pretty much sums it up: Q: What do you call a multi-millionaire/CEO(add your own successful job title) black man ? A: N****R No matter how successful a black man becomes, currently there is still an undercurrent of racism present. Once again this goes back to a power level thing. Can blacks or other minorities be racist and or make racists comments? Sure, but the power behind those words/comments is in no way comparable to the power behind Sterling's words.

As for the fine, it is laughable. 2.5 mil to Sterling is comparable to a fine of about $50 to the average American.