Spike pres: Bellator on 'even footing' with UFC

tsr94 - Daley, Lima, Newton, Brooks, King Mo, and Manheof should all be in the UFC for sure . Phone Post 3.0

I would love to see McGeary in the UFC.

MMA is basically pro wrestling without worked fights.

Feuds. Jones vs Cormier

Angles. Drug tests and shadiness Jake investigates.

Promos. Chael and Conor.

The hottest time for pro wrestling was late 90s when WCW and WWE went to "war".

Ask pro wrestling fans how awesome it is with only one company and ask wrestlers how awesome it is with only one place to work where you can make 30 grand in NXT.

MMA would benefit from Bellator stealing a few big names a la WCW with Nash and Hall and the UFC would benefit by having competition force them to step the game up.

We'd all win. Fighters. Fans. Promotions. Phone Post 3.0

Even footing with the UFC = increased drug testing, fighters insurance, and decent pay. HALF of the fighters on the Ortiz vs Bonnar card made $5k or less. Scottie has work to do.

Cindy

"You're honor, exhibit A".

underthebag - michael venom page beat's any ufc 170 pounder. So a minor league i wouldn't even began to go that far.
I LOVE me some Page, but beating a bunch of sub top 30'ers by dancing around and knocking them out doesn't mean you're gonna steamroll the top 15. Calm down dude, Page is a future champ. Hopefully he faces Erick Silva when he comes to the UFC, would be a hell of a fox main event Phone Post 3.0

Their peak viewership happened during the time two ex UFC fighters were fighting each other. That doesn't exactly say much in terms of equal footing.

I like Bellator and the rate they are going they will be a force for sure. Right now they are not much for an equal though. Phone Post 3.0

Kirik -
tenchu - Fragmenting the sport with all the best fighters spread across multiple orgs where they won't fight each other is not good for the sport.

I agree with that. But having nowhere for a fighter to go but the UFC is fan heaven but fighter hell. Best thing is to have competition, with one promotion getting most of the top talent, but not so much it is a monopoly.

Uh huh... Phone Post 3.0

LOL

Kirik -
tenchu - Fragmenting the sport with all the best fighters spread across multiple orgs where they won't fight each other is not good for the sport.

I agree with that. But having nowhere for a fighter to go but the UFC is fan heaven but fighter hell. Best thing is to have competition, with one promotion getting most of the top talent, but not so much it is a monopoly.

Voted up! Great point! Phone Post 3.0

Silverball - The best move for Viacom would be to buy OneFC and WSOF. Big move gets them enough name fighters to compete until bigger name UFC fighters' contract are up. Of course, that's easy for me to say since I'm not a shareholder, but realistically it's either that or remain the "minor leagues" for some time to come. Phone Post 3.0
No fucking chance WSOF sells to Bellator. Do some research on who is behind WSOF and their ties to the Fertittas. I'll give you a hint, WSOF and Zuffa have a great relationship. Phone Post 3.0

Best option by far is 2-3 A-Leagues (not all necessarily in USA), which none are run by greedy people, and all can work together to produce join events once in a while, like Strikeforce and Dream were able to do. That is heaven for fighters and fans. That is also the way if you want to see MMA as a real sport, and even have somekind of international event one day (world champ or olympic tournament).