MMA Underground Forums

Spike TV to air LIVE K-1 events

K-1 and Bellator on the same.channel?

AWESOME!!!! Phone Post

Woooooooo!!

From a recent Van Damm interview he was saying he will fight that Olympic gold-medalist muay thai kickboxer Somluck Kamsing in mid december finally after all this postponment. They had a deal with K-1 to do it. I wonder if this fight will be on Spike. 

That would be wild!

^can you imagine?

Awesome!

In the words of the toughest MMA fighter to ever live, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CAN I GET A HELL YEAH?!

fucking sweet!!!

How do you think K 1 is gonna do on Spike? What kind of ratings? Better than Bellator?

wow

awesome

Nice

Lol @ chris27 already

I can see a lot of MMA fighters who are tired of the ground game being interested in this new deal.

RAMPAGE JACKSON

nice! someone at spike made a good choice

Chris27 - How do you think K 1 is gonna do on Spike? What kind of ratings? Better than Bellator?

really depends on how well the mainstream US receives Kickboxing, I've always wondered how well KB would do with the right push.

I think it could be huge in the States, looks like we'll see soon enough...

how about the grand prix??

Hocky's sentiments are not too far off the mark with my own. I'm excited about this.

This is awesome! Phone Post

Chris27 - How do you think K 1 is gonna do on Spike? What kind of ratings? Better than Bellator?

k1 was on espn... didnt do anything.  Im sure spike got it on the cheap...  it's a good diversification.  I think eventually if bellator is a dissapointment they are gonna get out of the promotion business and just license mma content like hdnet is doing on the cheap.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hdnet did a great job showing k-1,it's show time ect but the amount if peoplw tgat have this channel is limited but the amount of people that will be able to watch on spike is millions the potential of this could take spike to the next level and actually help Bellator. Phone Post

MMALOGIC - 

k1 was on espn... didnt do anything.  Im sure spike got it on the cheap...  it's a good diversification.  I think eventually if bellator is a dissapointment they are gonna get out of the promotion business and just license mma content like hdnet is doing on the cheap.

WAY different climate in Combat Sports today compared to then, really is apples and oranges imo...

@Chris27- They used to show K-1 (and maybe another kickboxing promotion) on ESPN2. It never really took off.  I think with the growth of MMA and Spike's push, Kickboxing will fare better this time around.  Well, I hope it will fare better, I should say.