Spiritualism and death penalty?

Can they be together?

I mean, if a person is truly looking for a better life, for a better world, for a better inner self, for a better spiritual life, can such a person defend death penalty?

In my opinion, they can´t.

I couldn't put anyone to death.. I can't even fathom how that might effect my outlook on life...I dont know that Id ever be able to finish dealing with those kinds of consequences. If I were a soldier on the other hand, it would be my duty to follow orders. Or if my family were being murdered and I could stop the killer by killing him...but not to carry out an execution as punishment.

I know many of you support the death penalty...but how many of you would be willing to be the one doing the execution? Do you believe in it that much?

I mean, if a person is truly looking for a better life, for a better world, for a better inner self, for a better spiritual life, can such a person defend death penalty?Of course. My vision of a better world includes not having certain people in it. There are destructive forces such as murderers, rapists, terrorists etc. whose actions prevent people being free to develop spiritually. Take the Wahhabi mullahs who brainwash Saudi children, for example - crippling them spiritually, mentally and emotionally. Such people need to be eradicated for the human race to advance.I know many of you support the death penalty...but how many of you would be willing to be the one doing the execution? Do you believe in it that much?Certainly. If I felt someone deserved to die, and knew I could get away with it, I'd have no problem killing them. Of course, I am Muslim, so I guess it comes with the territory (the purpose of Muslims is to flip out and kill people).

whoa...if the purpose of a muslim is to flip out and kill people...and the purpose of a muslim is to flip out and kill people...wait...I got it...all ninjas are muslims! and all muslims are ninjas!

Dont worry. I won't tell your secret.

IBI

I remember that on a life I lived more than two thousand years ago, I used to think like you. I´ve changed.

I think that people like murderers must be arrested, perhaps for life, but not killed.

"In my opinion, they can´t"

Why not?

"I think that people like murderers must be arrested, perhaps for life, but not killed."

This is strange. You believe guilty murderers deserve to live? Usually anti-death penalty folks argue that an innocent might be excecuted, which is a reasonable argument. But rarely will someone honestly admit they believe murderers deserve to live.

"I mean, if a person is truly looking for a better life, for a better world, for a better inner self, for a better spiritual life, can such a person defend death penalty?

In my opinion, they can´t."

Does this extend to unborn children or just murderers and rapists?

In my opinion, the seek for a better life pass thru love, compassion and forgivingness.

Also, Jesus teached us to forgive our enemies, that is, I think that at least Christians should respect it. Christians as people that looks for Jesus Christ examples, not for what is written in the entire bible.

And under the reencarnation point of view, to kill another person is useless, it only builds more violence, since the killed person usualy is not moraly evolved enough to understand the penalty and will seek for revenge, starting all over again.

It should also be said that if you are going to use religion as a basis for your position, excecuting murderers is the ONLY requirment repeated in all five books of the Torah. It's also the second commandment God gives to mankind.

Marck, can you please give me the a link to the source where I can find this second commandment?

"In my opinion, the seek for a better life pass thru love, compassion and forgivingness. "

All fine and dandy until you come across a Hitler, Jeffrey Dahmer, or a Stalin. If you are religious than you should believe in evil. There is also a quote from the bible that says those who love God must hate evil.

"Does this extend to unborn children or just murderers and rapists? "

Sorry, Helwig, I don´t understand your question. What extends to unborn children???

"If you are religious than you should believe in evil"

That is not true. I believe in ignorance and evolution, not in evil per se.

People can learn to behave better, even people like Hitler. It doesn´t mean it will be easy for him, though.

"Marck, can you please give me the a link to the source where I can find this second commandment?"

It's the next commandment after the first, which is to be fruitful and multiply. I don't have a Bible nearby to give you an exact quote, but it's there.

"That is not true. I believe in ignorance and evolution, not in evil per se."

Then do you believe in goodness per se, or just non-ignorance i.e., knowledge?

"People can learn to behave better, even people like Hitler."

So Hitler wasn't evil, huh? Just ignorant. How about Osama or Sadamm?

Do you believe in Satan?

BTW, I am not religious.

Ignorant in the sense that they don´t measure the consequences of their acts, they didn´t suffer in their own flesh such things, and they still believe in revenge as a way to make justice. They may know by rational thinking they are wrong, but they still don´t know it in their heart.

No, I don´t believe in Satan.