Splain me this saint thing?

Mat Santos - 
hockeychick - 

"you cannot prove god but you cannot disprove him either, that is faith"  now insert any other word for god, like vampires, Loch Ness monster, or unicorns

You do realize that only an idiot would not capitalize Odin right? My point is not about belief but about respect. I guess you did not read the thread. I believe it was either Jesus or AI who said "Even the demons in Hell believe in God". Faith is believing in something without proof. Faith is not an issue of not being able to prove or disprove something, 

Pleading for people to respect your religion seems to be just about all Christians have left. They've given up trying to prove God's existence.

angryinch - 

" It isn't a church thing, it is an English language thing.  "

No, it is an arrogance thing.  

Nope it is a language thing. And a respect thing. You don't have to believe to be respectful. Your utter distain for people that you disagree with is depressing to see, it must be hard to live like that. Like I said earlier, just let it go, live a happy religion free life. Treat Christianity the same way you treat other religions that you don't believe in and just ignore it, you will be much happier.

Mat Santos - 
angryinch - 

Nope it is a language thing. And a respect thing. You don't have to believe to be respectful. Your utter distain for people that you disagree with is depressing to see, it must be hard to live like that. Like I said earlier, just let it go, live a happy religion free life. Treat Christianity the same way you treat other religions that you don't believe in and just ignore it, you will be much happier.

Answer my question.  Is Odin a God or a god?

^ People who cast aside all of their intelligence in the name of faith in order to believe outrageous and obviously false claims, are idiots.

angryinch -

"You do realize that only an idiot would not capitalize Odin right?"

So is Odin a God or a god?

Odin is a god. God is also a god. Get it now? You capitalize "God" when u talk about the Christian god because his name is "God" and thus a proper noun.

I can't tell if u guys r trolling or u really don't get it. Phone Post 3.0

angryinch - 

If what I learned in 7th grade still stands: when refering to one of a group of gods, you do not capitalize the G. When talking about a deity in a monotheistic religion you do. Don't blame me.

Do I capitalise the Catholic god too or only the Christian God?

banco - 
Mat Santos - 
hockeychick - 

"you cannot prove god but you cannot disprove him either, that is faith"  now insert any other word for god, like vampires, Loch Ness monster, or unicorns

You do realize that only an idiot would not capitalize Odin right? My point is not about belief but about respect. I guess you did not read the thread. I believe it was either Jesus or AI who said "Even the demons in Hell believe in God". Faith is believing in something without proof. Faith is not an issue of not being able to prove or disprove something, 

Pleading for people to respect your religion seems to be just about all Christians have left. They've given up trying to prove God's existence.

I am not pleading for shit. I personally am not religious, I don't really believe in what religion teaches us about a supreme deity. I would like people to treat each other with respect regardless of their beliefs. 

Nexuscrawlers - 
angryinch -

Odin is a god. God is also a god. Get it now? You capitalize "God" when u talk about the Christian god because his name is "God" and thus a proper noun.

No, the christian god's name is either Elohim or Yahweh.  Try again.  It's amazing how ignorant christians are of their own religion.  

Mat Santos - 
angryinch - 

If what I learned in 7th grade still stands: when refering to one of a group of gods, you do not capitalize the G. When talking about a deity in a monotheistic religion you do. Don't blame me.

What other monotheistic religions demand that you refer to their god as "God"?

angryinch - 
Mat Santos - 
angryinch - 

Odin is a god. One of several in Norse mythology.

Capitalized it means the one Supreme Being, or at least what the Jews, Christians and Muslims believe to be the one Supreme Being.

angryinch - 
Mat Santos - 
angryinch - 

What other monotheistic religions are there? I am sure that if there are any and if a language was developed during the growth of that religion, that they would make you capitalize it.

Plus the Sikhs as well. Capital G God for them and their monotheistic deity.

Timbo - 
angryinch - 
Mat Santos - 
angryinch - 

Odin is a god. One of several in Norse mythology.

Capitalized it means the one Supreme Being, or at least what the Jews, Christians and Muslims believe to be the one Supreme Being.

So basically, it's arrogance.  As I've been saying.....

I am sure that there is at least one guy like this in this thread. ;) We have already gotten way off topic here so lets sum it up like this: until the English language is changed it is wrong to use a lower case g when talking about a monotheistic deity, you will never be happy unless you can let go of your hate of religion, and lastly when arguing with an idiot, it is hard for someone watching to tell who is who. LOL

I am still interested in your original question. I still like to see insightful conversations about things here but I am sure that I will never change your mind or actions, and I am also sure that you will never convince me that being rude to people about their beliefs is the way to treat them. 

I don't preach religion, I preach respect and love of our fellow man and woman. Night all good chat.

No, it isn't arrogance.

From the context of your post, the way you were using the word was pretty much as a name or title of a specific divine being, believed by his followers to be a singular divine being, and so it should be capitalized.

That is not arrogance. It is grammar.

angryinch -
Mat Santos - 
angryinch - 

I used to hear it from Jews all the time. Phone Post 3.0

Timbo - Plus the Sikhs as well. Capital G God for them and their monotheistic deity.

Did not know that, I thought that they had multiple gods, thanks.

angryinch -
Nexuscrawlers - 
angryinch -

No, the christian god's name is either Elohim or Yahweh.  Try again.  It's amazing how ignorant christians are of their own religion.  

But they just call him God. And I am not a Christian sir. Phone Post 3.0

Invisible Lats Syndrome - Do I capitalise the Catholic god too or only the Christian God?

In that particular sentence, neither should be capitalized.

The Catholic god is God.

The Christian god is God.

Class of beings = lowercase. Name/Title of singular supreme being = Capitalized.