Spoiler TE Winner

Congrats to Daniel Puder...winner of the $1 Million TE contract.

Nice!
Good call by the WWE.
They should seriously consider using Puder to evolve their product to more of a "shoot" style, like that of the old UWFi.

I honestly think that pro-wrestling needs to be perceived more like actual combat as opposed to the live stunt show that exists today.
People see wrestlers as strictly "performers" now, but by bringing back the fan perception that these guys COULD actually fight if they had to is excatly what the business needs now, imo.

Kayfabe must begin anew, and the comedy element needs to be dropped.
This can work, I just know it.

The reason that the WWE can't go to a more realistic style of wrestling is because most professional wrestlers don't know how to really wrestle. Most have no amatuer background or any other grappling background either. Plus, that style just isn't appreciated in the US like it is in Japan.

"Plus, that style just isn't appreciated in the US like it is in Japan."

I know that's conventional wisdom, but I don't think that's the necessarily the case any longer.
MMA is indeed becoming more mainstream (although it has a long way to go, I know), and I'd bet that the average fan of pro-wrestling today has a better idea of what an actual fight "looks" like than fans' did in the early nineties.
I'd be willing to bet there's a high crossover of fans who watch both the UFC/PRIDE FC and the WWE.
Why not exploit that crossover appeal?
What do they have to lose?

Also, one must realize that at some point the Japanese fans made the transition to demanding a more realistic product.
After all, Japan started out with the same type of PW product that was selling here in the states.

"The reason that the WWE can't go to a more realistic style of wrestling is because most professional wrestlers don't know how to really wrestle."

I think that's an excellent point, and that's why I think the WWE needs to recruit more guys like Puder.
They did so with Angle, and look how well that worked for them.
Kurt succeded beyond most people's expectations in a short amount of time.