Sportfight Frightnight - Oct 23rd!

ttt

ttt

TTT!

Herman CAN beat Doerksen. Whether or not he will remains to be seen.

Hallman's ground game will likely be too much for Showalter. Even though I'd give Landon the striking edge, He's got to stay on his feet and keep Dennis at a distance to win this one.

Justin Davis is tough, but I don't think he's got enough experience to take out TQ trained Art Santore.

Davis vs Burnell will be a great fight. Burnell has some sick JJ skills, but Davis is tough as nails. I'll be pulling for the Pirhana...but if I laid money on it I'd say Burnell gets the victory. Davis stunned me with the trouble he had against Jeremy Sanders (eventually getting the submission), if he fights like that again Burnell will walk away with that LW title.

Ward can beat Cochran, but he'll take his lumps on the way and will have to stay conscious.

I think Chad Nelson vs Paul Morris could end up a vicious battle and will likely be a contender for fight of the night. Morris always brings it and leaves everything he has in the ring. I've never actually seen nelson fight, but have heard great things and look forward to the matchup.

if guys are having any shows in March or April 2005 email me at RobertEMrotek2@aol.com...i am taking time off till then to heal from injuries from my last fight and to improve my stand up game.

Robert "Fearless Goat" Mrotek

Ed vs Doerkson will be a beautiful display of zhoo zitsu if Ed doesn't KO him with a flying knee.

ttt

Looks like a great card!

Dave

Antarctic - Dennis tends to work away from a fighter's strengths. He once said in an interview (before the WFA fight vs Trigg) that if he fights a kickboxer hll try to take it to the ground and if he fights a JJ guy, he'll use his standup. His grappling is superior to any striker he'd fight, and his striking is better than any grappler he'd fight.

As far as I can tell (in the two fights I've seen) Showalter is primarily a striker. His ground game isn't nearly as sharp as Hallman's, but his reach advantage could cause fits for Dennis if he stands to trade with him. Showalter is easily 6'1", Hallman is 5'9" on his best day.

I think this could be another one of Hallman's 1st round submissions...but Landon has beaten some accomplished guys and won't just give it up.

Landon's triangle victory surprised the hell out of me, too.

The Hallman vs Showalter fight has one thing that will determine the outcome: WHO SHOWS UP - Dennis Hallman...or 'Superman'.

'Dennis Hallman' has lost decisions to Uno, Menne, Pulver, Fickett, got caught slipping against Trigg and took a beating.

'Superman' beat Matt Hughes (twice), triangled BJJ expert Betiss Mansouri, choked out Ray Cooper (after breaking his wrist with a high kick) and is usually drinking at the after fight party before most competitors finish icing themselves down.

Landon easily can hang with Hallman...but Superman could finish Showalter in the first round.

I have no problem with Landon and think highly of his skills, but Hallman is in a different league IMO.

Good luck to both. I'm looking forward to a great fight.