Sports Card thread?

I just opened my bowman jumbos. 1st one was really good, 2nd one was dog shit.

Pulled a /299 and /75 autos and a red Brady Allen non auto out of the 1st. The Mead non auto out of /125 probably best cars from the 2nd.

1 Like

I agree. I love Bowman Chrome

1 Like

A few more pick ups from today

2 Likes

I haven’t run across too many Cyborg auto’s so I had to pick this one up for the collection.

3 Likes

Nice Cyborg… I used to have these rookies… Ronda 2012 Finest /25 and Cyborg Moment of Truth /15

Only WMMA fighter I have left is some Gina Carano rookies (Elite XC card and Ring Kings cards)

2 Likes

Cyborgs got a nice looking sig.

1 Like

How much did the Rousey RC go for? I bet it was a good amount before her downfall.

1 Like

$1,600… but her value has gone up… likely worth double that now (base auto sells for $600-1,000)

1 Like

I went to a local card show and grabbed all these from one dealer’s dollar boxes. Gotta love a bargain.

6 Likes

Nice pick up! Sweet Ozzie Smith

yeah, a Molitor RC, 73 Clemente, etc for $1 is a hell of a deal. Ozzie RCs are almost all mis-cut as it was the corner card on the sheet. High grade Ozzies go for thousands upon thousands, the more you know…

1 Like

I like to pick up baseball cards with terrible pictures on them or weird error stuff like the Smoltz error, the fuck face and now this one. I know its on many lists as one of the top 10 worst sports cards of all time. It also helps im a fan of the guy.

3 Likes

That’s hilarious

I’ve met Rex a couple times and hes a solid dude. Does a ton of work tor Downs Syndrome stuff necause one of his sons has it.

Once on Jim Rome, Rome asked him about his son and his disease and Rex said some stuff about it then said something along the lines of, “but its ok the kids hung like a mule.”

This is anlther great story he told:

Finally hes also got great stories about being traded from one team to the team they were playing at the end of the series, so he stays in town. End of that series, the home team rraded him to the next team so he played like 3 teams in the same stadium in 3 consecutive series.

1 Like

A few pickups

1 Like

Found some donruss baseball at target today. Looks like monday is card day. Will open when i get home and post the good stuff.

2 Likes

Heres the stuff i pulled i like the best.

2 Likes

Spent the last week doing breaks of 2022 UFC Prizm. We opened 120 blaster boxes and 15 hobby boxes. I had the Lesnar and Sonnen spots and I didn’t hit a single auto. Damn the luck.

1 Like

just picked up

5 Likes

I don’t do breaks, but that is a video of a “controversial” break where the guy doing the break claims he accidentally missed a redemption. What are your thoughts? Personally I think it was 100% done on purpose and is shady AF! The guy doing the break is absolutely annoying as well.

1 Like