Sports media: getting ri-goddamn-diculous

All they talk about is what these athletes do in their personal lives or anything other than the actual sport they play. Who fucking cares if johnny manziel goes to Miami heat games and drake concerts. Now they won't drop the damn Aldon Smith story. All i hear about is Smiths indefinite leave to cope with his "addiction" to marihuana. HAH! Oh my god get this man some help he is addicted to marijuana! They smeared Honey badgers name too with this same bullshit. Lets not forget that most of these fucking investigative sports journalists have never played a sport or lost their virginity. Phone Post 3.0

what do you expect? You have channels of nothing but sports on. You have hundreds of people who's job is to cover sports. Honestly, sports are that interesting. You can only breakdown the football game so much

listen to dan patrick, him and colin ccwherd are both solid imo

I cant stand espn except for around the horn and 30 for 30

They bash on Manziel so much it's ridiculous.

They said he isn't a team captain because of his maturity when in reality only upperclassmen are voted captains.

They said he had a poor performance against SMU, despite passing for almost 300 and rushing for 98 while only playing 2 quarters and 1 series? Phone Post

you need rehab to get off pot?

I just didn't buy it again.

You could remove the word 'sports' from your thread title and still be on the money OP.

6ULDV8 -

You could remove the word 'sports' from your thread title and still be on the money OP.

Agreed. But ive been complaining about that for years haha Phone Post 3.0

Silhouette - listen to dan patrick, him and colin ccwherd are both solid imo

Love Cowherd. I think he is one if the smartest people in media, period. and dude knows how to pick NFL games lol Phone Post 3.0

MARC BULGER - I love First Take fuck the world. Phone Post

I love it too.... And hate it, but love it Phone Post

I was hoping Fox was going to be a less douchebaggy version of ESPN, but have been disappointed up until this point.

KOphil25 - 

Love Cowherd. I think he is one if the smartest people in media, period. and dude knows how to pick NFL games lol Phone Post 3.0

Dan Patrick is all I listen to in the morning.

Cowherd was great until he went national and began spouting ESPN's agenda. It's sad too how ESPN went from being all sports, all the time to TMZ2 in such a short span.

PatK - I was hoping Fox was going to be a less douchebaggy version of ESPN, but have been disappointed up until this point.

Brian Urlacher broadcasting on Fox is kind of strange, would never have expected it. Phone Post

HernanCortes - 
PatK - I was hoping Fox was going to be a less douchebaggy version of ESPN, but have been disappointed up until this point.

Brian Urlacher broadcasting on Fox is kind of strange, would never have expected it. Phone Post

Yeah, he was never a super friendly or good media guy when he was playing here.

Seems like he tries too hard to bash the Bears to look like he is unbiased

More drivel to pacify the simps who are engrossed with sports and buy into that mindnumbing shit.

PatK -
HernanCortes - 

Haha like when he was bashing them for faking injuries? That's what I was thinking too.

He is not Michael Strahan (broadcasting wise) that's for sure. Phone Post

they talk about what people want to hear, so, to me, it's more a reflection on the audience than anything else... whatever is trending, they are told to talk about...

and if anyone wants to be a sports media personality, ignore all intelligent, studied analysis and just take a hard stance on either side (it doesn't matter which one)... and when you do, make sure everyone on the other side feels insulted for their opinion... they will listen to argue, and the people on the side the host supports, will listen to feel smart...

I agree. Dan Patrick is the best. Espn is horrible except 30 for 30. Those are really good. Phone Post 3.0

sawdusk - they talk about what people want to hear, so, to me, it's more a reflection on the audience than anything else... whatever is trending, they are told to talk about...

and if anyone wants to be a sports media personality, ignore all intelligent, studied analysis and just take a hard stance on either side (it doesn't matter which one)... and when you do, make sure everyone on the other side feels insulted for their opinion... they will listen to argue, and the people on the side the host supports, will listen to feel smart...
Which is saddening how stupid and sheep like Americans have become. I literally can barely watch tv anymore. News is bullshit. "Reality" tv. Discovery, TLC, NatGeo, History channel, all used to be my favorites. Phone Post 3.0

HernanCortes - 
PatK -
HernanCortes - 

Haha like when he was bashing them for faking injuries? That's what I was thinking too.

He is not Michael Strahan (broadcasting wise) that's for sure. Phone Post

That and how he had said that Cutler was the only teammate of his to not call him about his retirement.

It was pretty well known that Brian despised Jay and didn't hide it. Cutler I thought handled it well by saying how they didn't get along, so he didn't think Brian would really have wanted to hear from him.

Our society needs to stop trying to make heroes out of people who catch a ball for millions of dollars.

These are people generally with no other skill in life that many times come from under privileged and fucked up situations. Then by the time they are 22 they have more money than God.

Our heroes should be engineers, writers, people making positive differences in people's lives.

ESPN has made a business off of highlights and creating false idols that they then can tear down any chance possible to create stories. Our public gets so attached to it.

I used to hate working in warehouses because all these motherfuckers do all year, even in off season, is talk about football. It's one thing to enjoy a sport, but this shit becomes like an identity to people. They really have nothing going for them in life so they have be wrapped up in a team because it gives them a sense of belonging, a sense of their own victory.

FUCK ESPN EXCEPT AROUND THE HORN PEOPLES