Sprints as a finisher Q

Would there be any benefit of adding 5-10 50-100m sprints to the end of a:

(a) strength workout eg SS or 5/3/1
(b) conditioning workout eg 50 shouldering a 85kg sandbag + 30 weighted dips (30kg)

or should I stick with sandbag bearhug carries and wheelbarrow pushes.

I'm mostly happy with my strength and size gains at the moment but would like to lose a bit more bf overall.

Baz

The benefit of extra fat loss may be there if you're watching what you eat and are looking to burn up some extra calories.

A couple sessions a week might help with overall conditioning as well.

If fat loss is your primary goal i would get your eating dialed in first for a few weeks while keeping your workouts the same and see how you feel.

I love using intervals as a finisher. I don't always have access to a place to run actual sprints, so I use Versa-Climber, Jump rope, Stairs, etc.

TAKU

I don't sprint after leg workouts. I find the tightness/muscle weakness after lifting leaves me prone to pulled muscles. Just FYI.

If fat loss is your primary goal i would get your eating dialed in first for a few weeks while keeping your workouts the same and see how you feel.

This all day.

5-10 sprints won't burn that many calories in and of themselves, and the EPOC/afterburn effect won't be as great as you think it likely will be in terms of burning bodyfat.  Keep your workouts how they are and adjust your eating.

Now if you wanted to add some sprints/intense tempo runs in for the sake of improving your conditioning, then that would be a different story, IMO.

Wiggy - http://www.workingclassfitness.com